cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU&UC to ECC60 : questions ......

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

A customer in 46C MDMP is willing to move to ECC 60 Unicode.

According to note 830502 and from asnwers of thr globalization team it should be possible to use the CU&UC as it's released in GA.

The customer has a three system landscape, develop, test, production.

All the systems are Win 2K Server or Advanced server, with Oracle 902.

We see the PAM for the ECC60 and we see only Win 2003/IA32 or Win2003/IA64 as supported operating systems with Oracle.

1 Question) WIn 2000 is not supported for ECC 60 ?

As the hardware of the production environment is quite old ,

he would like to change it and to replace it with a new Win 2003, 64-bit server.

This hardware change to WIn2003 64-bit will be made only for the

production environment. The Develop and the test environments will be

just upgraded to Win 2003 32 bit.

We are asking us if is supported to have a mixed scenario 32 bit and 64 bit.

The Oss notes for the upgrade and the UNicode conversion doesn't specify it.

2 Question) The tools used for the CU&UC on Win 2003 32 bit ( the sapinst release, build, .... ) are different from those used on WIn2003 64 bit ?

We need to know in case of a mixed scenario if the results on the Win 2003 32-bit environments will be usefull to test the CU & UC for the Win 2003 64 bit environment.

3 Question) The CU&UC guide says it necessary a Web AS 610 system (at least) to make the ABAP programmes to Unicode enabled.

Please confirm we can use whatever Web As based system , like Solution Manager or BW for this action.

4) Question) At page 63 the CU&UC procedure suggest to maintain the NON UNicode envronment at least till the end of the Unicode tests on the target environment.

It measn that in case some data is not correct on the UNicode system it will be possible to fix it directly there using teh NOn unicode as refernce or it will be possible to download again the incorrect data

(only those) from the NON Unicode system and to import them into the Unicode environment ?

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ans 1) For ECC600 we have to have a Oracle 10G, and oracle 10G is only supported with Win2003, the upgrade from Win 200o to Win 2003 is very easy

check the link for more details

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/upgrading/w2k/default.mspx

I am unable to find any write up for mixed scenario but as per me you should upgrade Test and Dev to Win300 64 bit.

Ans 2) The tools for Win 2003 32 bit and 64 bit will be different as they use different executables, but you may check the impact analysis.

Ans 3) It should be a R3 system only as the transaction UCCHECK used for Unicode enabling is only available in SAP Web AS 6.20 (4.7, ECC500 and ECC600) or higher.

Ans 4)It will be useful in both the ways.

Do revert if you any more doubt.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will be soon doing that kinda upgrade. I am not sure about windows platform.

But you can have one 32 bit and other 64 bit. No problems. However you have to have diffrent executables.

Do you have that guide. I tried to search today and could not find it. Can you tell the line where it at.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kedar,

You will get the CU&UC manual as a attachment with note no. 928729

Best Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, about question 3), have you copy and upgrade your 46C to at least WEBAS610, or have you used a sandbox system?

what is better?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

2) For ECC6.0 Unicode must be a 64 bits......