cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why XI ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If we were to convince a customer tht he shud go for XI.

Does SAP have any standard persentation for the same.

Cheers,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

XI is a middleware like many others. It is well suited for connecting SAP systems with each other and with non-SAP.If your focus is not on SAP systems, other solutions might be a better choice today. SAP XI provides an integrated workflow engine that allows to define adapters to non-XML-protocols and mappings to convert data content from source to target.

Any fully mature middleware should provide these three layers.

1. An independent Message Queue

2. A data consolidator and mapping engine

3. Workflow processor.

XI is lacking full-fledged Message Queue compared to other established Middleware products.

Currently, SAP XI does not have the features like IBM Websphere, Seeburger or TIBCO.

SAP's next XI release might provide this missing piece and many more features which is due 2007 i guess.

Here are the advantages of SAP XI from my point of view.There are lots of advantages but to list a few :

• Easy Integration with SAP products & components (RFC, IDOC, Proxy).

• Data security as expected from any SAP product.

• Standards based - XML, XSD, Xpath etc

• Ability to communicate with other messaging systems/products.

• Business Process Management

• Synchronous & Asynchronous communication possible.

• Complex processes for communication possible instead of only sending and receiving (business process management) (connect e.g. asynchronous and synchronous steps, define complex communication scenarios)

• Mapping etc possible to accomplish in Java. Platform independent Java components.

• Java & .Net support.

• Big range of adapters for different technologies / tools (SOAP, Mail, JDBC, CDIX...)available in standard or offered by other companies (EDI e.g. by Seeburger).

• Process functionalities inside XI to modify content in the communication channel on own defined rules fpr business purposes.

• Central monitoring for data communication for all your communication between different systems.

• And the marketing issue: SAP and its partners provide high volume of development capabilities to make XI always up-to-date for new requirements

For more information about XI, Please go through this link:

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/xi

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

Thanks.

I think all these features are there in other middlewares too..

<i>* Easy Integration with SAP products & components (RFC, IDOC, Proxy).

• Data security as expected from any SAP product.

• Standards based - XML, XSD, Xpath etc

• Ability to communicate with other messaging systems/products.

• Business Process Management

• Synchronous & Asynchronous communication possible.

• Complex processes for communication possible instead of only sending and receiving (business process management) (connect e.g. asynchronous and synchronous steps, define complex communication scenarios)

• Mapping etc possible to accomplish in Java. Platform independent Java components.

• Java & .Net support.

• Big range of adapters for different technologies / tools (SOAP, Mail, JDBC, CDIX...)available in standard or offered by other companies (EDI e.g. by Seeburger).

• Process functionalities inside XI to modify content in the communication channel on own defined rules fpr business purposes.

• Central monitoring for data communication for all your communication between different systems.</i>

If i were to explain the customer with a case study which one do you think would be the best ...

Cheers,

Sumit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you check this thraed..

-sekhar