cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country of Origin in GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where do we maintain the Country and Region of Origin in GTS?

In ECC, in Material master, in tab of "Foreign trade - Export", there is the option of maintaining the country of origin and region of origin.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply

However i have one question. When we use GTS, we deactivate the Foreign Trade functionality in SAP ECC system (Feeder System). Then How the system determines the Country of Origin and also i don't think the Foreign Trade Tab will appear in the Feeder system documents when we deactivate the Foreign trade.

For my Client, there is a requirement that, whenever the Country of Origin or Commodity code is missing in Product, then that document should block. I don't know how to achieve this. Since Country of Origin and Commodity code used in SAP Customs Management and Sales order or Delivery will not have any communication with this Customs Service, how do i block these documents when those fields are missing. Are there any BADIs or USEREXITs available to do this? Please share your thoughts on Scenario.

Thanks in advance

Pradeep Maddi

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I think your decision to turn off the Foreign Trade functionality in the ERP is incorrect. Instead, you should configure the FT incompletion procedure at item level only to include Country of Origin. Then you can make sure that the FT incompletion makes the Delivery incomplete (see for example SAP Note 407546), and configure so that incomplete Deliveries cannot be processed.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Dave

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Legal regulations for specific countries and it can be enhanced to use COO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In GTS the material has no country of origin.

In documents (export Declaration f.ex) the field infor comes from the Foreign Trade Tab in the Feeder System document and for the Preferential Origin calculation it comes from the LTVD (Long Therm Vendor Declarations).

Regads,

Marc