cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product group does not update through MDIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We import ECC products using MDIS (using xml files).

We use 'Hierarchy' table in the MDM for product group.

In case we change the product group (ECC material group), the MDIS does not update the product group in the Data Manager.

In Configuration Option of the Import Manager we configured:

Default MDIS handling -

Automap unmapped values u2013 Yes

Unmapped value handling u2013 Add

Thanks,

Lori

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lory,

have you checked that said parameters were set in the map assigned to the port you are using to import your ERP data?

Did you check the MDIS log for any error messages? That log can be long and hard to read, but it usually contains useful hints.

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I've saved the map parameters in the map assigned to the port.

I do not get any error - just the product group does not update in the catalog.

Do I have to define something special for product group mapping by the product group code (and not descripion)?

Thanks,

Lori

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

are you familiar with the concept of remote key mapping? You need to activate this for your product categories. Then MDM will be able to map the categories according to the key.

There are a few useful articles about SRM-MDM in the Articles section here on the SDN. Check them out, e.g. http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0940876-42fe-2d10-77be-a82aaa163e13

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the Article but I still didn't find how do I have do it..

I guess the problem is Hierarchy Automap by 'Code Hierarchy' and not by 'Hierarchy Description'.

Can you please explain the remote key mapping?

Thanks,

Keren

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lory,

I thought the document contained an explanation of remote key mapping. Obviously it doesn't, sorry.

Setting up remote key mapping is a bit complicated.

First of all go to the MDM console and check your product category field in the main table (catalog items). Is key mapping set to "yes"?

then go to the data manager and switch to the table containing the product categories in record mode. Right click on any entry and check the remote key data. Are remote keys available for your product categories. I assume that there are no remote keys available - this is the reason the system behaves as you describe it.

Setting up remote keys for existing product categories AFAIK can only be done manually in Data Manager. Alternatively you can delete your hierarchy and create it once more, creating remote keys for every entry in the table. You can chose any remote system, it just has to be the same all the time.

In import manager you have to clode the code field of your product category (basically the material group number) and assign it once to the product category in MDM and once to the remote key.

Be sure to check your configuration in MDM Import Manager, the entry "Do not update record matching field value" needs to be set to no. Otherwise no remote keys are created.

Now you can import your categories creating your hierarchy, as usual. The remote keys are created automatically.

You should assign remote keys to all fields that should be matched in a similar way, UOM, currency etc.

Hope you could follow this brief version.

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your detailed answer.

In the MDM console I set 'stemmer' in 'key mapping' of product group field in the main table catalog items - (the only two option are None and Stemmer).

In case we mapped the material groups to 'Product Group' and not to 'Hierarchy', in record mode in the Data Manager 'Product group' table is not available.

It is not possiable to map the material groups to 'Product Group' in this case?

Regrads,

Lori

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

sorry, I wrote my last post from memory and mixed up two things.

In the MDM Console you need to click on the repository and check your table "Product Category". Key Mapping has to be set to "yes". You should do the same for the tables Currency, UOM etc.

I'm not sure I understand your question about mapping material groups to product group vs. hierarchy. The product group table should be available in record mode in MDM Data Manager even if it is empty.

Note that you can assign your material groups twice during the step Map Fields/Values in the Import Manager. All you have to do is go to the frame Source Hierarchy in the upper left corner, right click on the field material group and select "clone field" from the context menu. Then you have created a copy of the field and assign it another time.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Marcus

Edited by: Marcus Mock on Jul 12, 2011 8:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I followed your recommended steps:

1. In the Console I defined in "Material Group Code" in "Product Group" table u2013 KEYWORD = STEMMER (there is no Key Mapping field).

Did you mean this or I misunderstood you?

2. In Import Manager I have clone field for material group (assigned one to the product group code in MDM and one to the remote key).

3. In Import Manager Option Configuration I set the entry "Do not update record matching field value" to "No".

4. In Data Manager in "Product group" table in record mode I made sure that for each material group there is record key mapping that the key is the product group code without the description u2013 (the remote keys created automatically).

One thing I did not mentioned, and maybe it was important to do so, is that during the step Map Fields/Values in the Import Manager I created "Product group DF" u2013 I picked "Material group" in source fields, right clicked and picked "Create Compound Field" for product group.

I think that the reason for product groups do not updated through MDIS is that using the Import manager when we try to do 'Automap' for the Product Group values, the system cannot do the 'Automap' and only if we use the manual map we can load the product with its product group u2013 maybe we need the 'Automap' to be by the product group code (and not the product group name).

I would be very happy if you could tell me if I missed something.

Thanks & regards,

Lori

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

regarding item 1, if you see the the parameter "keyword" and have selected "stemmer" you are not displaying / editing the table Product Group or Hierarchy but you are displaying / editing a field in that table.

To edit the details of the table click on your repository (Console Hierarchy frame) and see the list of tables in the frame in the upper right, now labelled "tables". Then select the required table and check the details (lower right frame). In the details of every table the parameter "Key Mapping" is the second counting from the bottom of the list. Chec that parameter.

From what you rught I guess that parameter already is set to "yes".

Regarding your matching step, I don't really understand why you created a compound field for the product group. What for?

Are you in the process of creating the hierarchy here? If so you want to "Create Hierarchy Field", select from the context menu in the source hierarchy, upper left frame.

Besides creating a hierarchy you need to clone the code field and assign it to the remote key and to the code field of the table in your repository.

Can you please clarify what exactly is your problem at this stage? I understood that you have created a hierarchy including the remote keys.

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I followed your instructions and "Key Mapping" of "Product group" table is set to YES.

We created a compound field for the product group so in the Data Manager 'Product group' field will contain the product group code and the product group description (for example "100030, maintenance").

Our hierarchies are set in 'Hierarchy' table and not in 'Product group'.

At this stage our problem is that during the Import at the 'Map Fields/Values' step, we click on 'Product Group DF' on source field (on the left) and try to click on 'Automap' for the p.group value (on the lower part of the screen) the MDM does not recognize the mapping since the Automap try to map the p.group by the p.group description and not the p.group code.

In case the p.group description in the file is exactly like the p.group description in the MDM, the Automap is done successfully but in case there is a difference between them the Automap is not working even though the p.group code is uniqe.

Thanks & regards,

Lori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone can help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

?