cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipe Management Formula - UoM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to use Unit of Measure (DP-Dozen Pair - customized) in Stage Formula Quantities Tab. But there are only KG, Gram, Pounds, milligram, ounce and Tonnes. How can I add my UoM in that list because my Output product is to be defined in DP.

Kindly help.

Best Regards

Ibne Khalil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Ibne,

Please check the following steps:

- Add the required UoM to the formula level (IMG activity: Define allowed Units of Measure)

- Create the conversion factors (to the material or substance), so that a unit conversion for your UoM to a UoM with dimension MASS/VOLUME is possible.

Best regards,

Roland Freudenberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roland,

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible for us to define the quantities other than Volume or Mass Units. Because in my case it is very difficult to define mass of volume unit conversions.

Thanks,

Ibne Khalil

0 Kudos

Dear Ibne,

I think that is possible, but dependent on teh business/process case.

Please take into account, that the quantities are converted into float values with Unit of Measure. Please have a look into the documentation of the IMG activity 'Define and Assign Values to Environment Parameters', parameter FRML_DEF_UNIT_FLOAT_STORE.

Documentation:

In this environment parameter you specify the unit in which the system additionally stores all formula values in the database. This additional storage is used for the formula explosion.

Caution:

Once you have set the value of this environment parameter, you must not change it again because this could lead to data inconsistencies.

So that there is no loss of accuracy during calculations owing to rounding differences, you must enter units of measure of the same dimension in the following environment parameters:

FRML_DEF_UNIT_FLOAT_STORE Unit for Saving Formula Values As Float

FRML_DIET_REF_UNIT Reference Quantity Unit for Diet Suitability

FRML_NUTR_REF_UNIT Reference Unit for Nutrient Content

In all these environment parameters, you can only specify units of measure of the dimension mass or volume. If the system is to calculate the nutrient values in formulas automatically, you can only use units of measure of the dimension mass.

I hope, that this information are helpful.

Best regards,

Roland