cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to archive a file in the sender file comunication channel. Can the destination be on a different machine or there is a limitation to store the file only on the same server?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

<b><i>Can the destination be on a different machine or there is a limitation to store the file only on the same server?</i></b>

Yes your destination can be a different machine provided you use <b>FTP</b> as the transport protocol.

The advantage of storing the file in the same server is you can use <b>NFS</b> as the transport protocol... I dont think i can call it as an advantage, probably this is the difference.

So if you want to archive the files on the FTP server, set the Archive Files on FTP Server indicator. If you do not set the indicator, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system.Please refer to page 41 in adapter documentation for the same....

When you say Archive, the file will actually be deleted and then a copy of the file will be moved to the Archive Folder.

Regards,

Abhy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Whether u can archive file in the in a different machine or u have archive it in the server depends upon the Transport protocol u use.

If u are using NFS as Transport protocol, then on selecting the Processing mode as Archive u get the option to specify only the name of the archive directory. In this case this directory has to be in the Server itself.

But if u use FTP as the Transport protocol, then on selecting the Processing mode as Archive u get the option to either specify an arcive directory in the server or to archive the file in the FTP Server. In this case the file will be saved in the pc in which u have installed the FTP server.

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are using NFS in communication channel the destination should be in the same server.If you will use FTP then you can change your destination according to your location.

sekhar

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

You can archive files using Archive option of File Adapter either side(different machine or same).

If it is on different machine use FTP protocol else NFS...

check the Processing Parameters in the second link..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Sridhar