cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM to ECC - SSO Configuration - Logon Language Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a BASIS consultant currently handling one CRM project. I need a help in configuring SSO between CRM and ECC. Now SSO is not configured, so When I click on the External Link created in CRM calling an ECC transaction, it requests for Client/UserID/Password/LogonLang for the ECC system. Here it takes Logon Language as same as what I have logged in CRM. Hope once SSO configured it will check only for the userID and log into ECC without requesting any further details. But the issue here is we are planning to have additional languages in CRM but not in ECC. So whenenver user logs in CRM with language other than EN - english (eg. FR), and when tried to login to ECC with the external link from CRM, by default ECC login needs to be logged in with language EN, as FR will not be available in ECC. I do not find any logon language configuration in SSO, how can we achieve this, logging into language FR in CRM, logging in EN when clicking External ECC link? Configuring Logon Data defaults (in SU01) in ECC, restricting to logon language EN, will not help I hope. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks for the response. When user from CRM logged in another language than EN for eg. FR, clicks on external link in CRM, takes to EN, only if that language FR is not installed in ECC, else it will take to the same language in which CRM user logged in. This cannot be controlled in SSO configuration. Is this correct?

In case if FR is installed in both the systems, ie CRM and ECC, but user wants to log only to EN when clicked the external link(to ECC) from CRM, how we can configure this, Is any parameter can control or SSO setup configuration available? Please advice.

Regards,

Shahul Hameed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahul,

In my opinion, the default and only language in ECC i.e. English will used once the control passes over to the external ECC link from the CRM system. Irrespective of which language the CRM user is logged in with, once he calls the ECC - the language would be English. Because as you mentioned there are no other languages on ECC.

Did you already try this? It should work fine. CRM user logged in with language FR should get the ECC external link in EN only.

Regards,

Srikishan