cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Posting of Reserved Samples in QA11 at "To reserves"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Champions,

Pls let me know how to meet this requirement.

We have total Sample size for Inspection lot is 50gms.

30gms for reserved and 20gms is consumed as sample usage during inspection.

Now when we execute QA11 system is posting entire sample size 50gms to "To sample usage" then we need to correct it as per the above requirement and put 30 to "To reserves and 20 to To sample usage.

This thing os splitting the sample size, how to achieve automatically?

Regards,

Shyamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Havve you tried

QEVA0009 UD: Predefinition of quantity to be posted to sample stock

This should help.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin,

Thanks for suggesting the Enhancement but I was looking for some STD stuff.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the sample-drawing procedure functionality?

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

To the best of my knowledge splitting in such manner may not be feasible. System may propose 20 to sample usage provided following conditions are met.

1. You are carrying out single result recording.

2. You have set MIC as optional.

3. Whenever lot generates system will calculate 50 grams as sample size based on sampling procedure you are using.

4. Do result recording for 20 samples

5. Since you are dealing with destructive MIC, irrespective of valuation of MIC, system proposes the inspected quantity as sample usage quantity. Here it would be 20 in your case.

Still it does not fulfil your requirement, as you want remaining quantity also as automatic proposal through system but for u201Creserveu201D. However by this way, at least you can have one i.e. u201Csample usageu201D quantity through system.

If you want to carry out RR for all samples, it wonu2019t work as per the principle of destructive MIC.

In QS51 if you give option to post to block stock for a certain UD code, at the time of UD, system posts the stock to block stock in background. I never tried, but just check the behaviour of system with such type of control and partial result recording for 20 samples.

By the way Shyamal, just for curiosity, under what business circumstances such requirement can arise? What you do with your reserve stock as I guess it would be posted to none other than block stock by 350 movt?

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Thanks for the reply, I am using the SDP and in SDP I have defined 30gms as Reserved samples and the reset 20gms is defined at Sampling procedure at Inspection plan.

Pls let me know if some I have missed something.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jun 21, 2011 11:54 AM

@ Anand,

Hello Anand,

I have all MIC as Summarized Recording (Not Single result)

All MIC are set for Destructive Sample, since system is posting entire sample size to Sample usage.

I agree that the Reserved sample will be set as Blocked Stock,

But

Here, I am working for Pharma Industry, where they reserved the samples till the expiry, infect 2 or 3 more years after the expiry of the batch. The intention behind it to test them in case of some regulatory complaint or market returns scenario.

In such situation they perform the movement from Block to Quality with Inspection lot and test it.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QM plant configuration did you define a storage location for your reserve samples?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sir, It is defined there, the only thing is that when we execute QA11 it should split the total Sample Size 50gms as below....

To Sample usage ---> 20 gms

To Reserved -

> 30 gms

Currently it is posting all 50 gms to "To Sample Usage" then we need to correct it like above.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sometimes you forget how much you've forgotten!

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=306874

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe it is not possible to post the Reserved Sample Automatically.

Only a possibility to do it with QEVA0009 - UD: Predefinition of quantity to be posted to sample stock by calling FM called EXIT_SAPMQEVA_009.

I wanted this thing to happen without any Enhancement calling. Since closing the thread.

Thanking all SAP gurus for posting in the my thread.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Hope you are fine and doing well!

To the best of my knowledge splitting in such manner may not be feasible.System may propose 20 to sample usage provided following conditions are met.

1. You are carrying out single result recording.

2. You have set MIC as optional.

3. Whenever lot generates system will calculate 50 grams as sample size based on sampling procedure you are using.

4. Do result recording for 20 samples

5. Since you are dealing with destructive MIC, irrespective of valuation of MIC, system proposes the inspected quantity as sample usage quantity. Here it would be 20 in your case.

Still it does not fulfil your requirement, as you want remaining quantity also as automatic proposal through system but for u201Creserveu201D. However by this way, at least you can have one i.e. u201Csample usageu201D quantity through system.

If you want to carry out RR for all samples, it wonu2019t work as per the principle of destructive MIC.

In QS51 if you give option to post to block stock for a certain UD code, at the time of UD, system posts the stock to block stock

in background. I never tried, but just check the behaviour of system with such type of control and partial result recording for 20 samples.

By the way Shyamal, just for curiosity, under what business circumstances such requirement can arise? What you do with your reserve stock as I guess it would be posted to none other than block stock by 350 movt?

Regards,

Anand