cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to select value in MSC1N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to create the batch using MSC1N. I am not able to select the characteristics values for few characteristcs. I am using selected sets and code groups for those characterisctis. For others it is working properly. I am getting the error as "Value "Z033000 0010" cannot be selected

Message no. C1853

Diagnosis

From a value hierarchy, you want to choose a value that has subordinate values. This is not possible. You can only choose the lowest values in a value hierarchy.

Procedure

Explode the structure down to the lowest values and choose one of these.

Please guide me asap.

Regards,

Mayura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the solution by self

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share the solution? I'm interested in exactly what the problem was as I was just making a sugestion to look at.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur

I have the same problem.  Please share your answer.

Thank you

Gerrit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I increased my Number of Chars in CT04 and this got rid of the error message (Message no. C1853).

Corne

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you have multiple values available in the characteristic in your batch class. I'm guessing that the characteristics you are having problems with are set up differently than the ones you aren't having problems with.

It sounds like SAP thinks that because you selected code A, you can now pick from Codes X,Y,Z. But if you had selected code B, you can only pick from Codes L,M,N. The message is saying you have to pick directly from one of these lower subordinate codes. You can't select Code A as your choice because it's not an actual choic, ,only a pathway to let you pick from X,Y,Z.

I'm not sure exaclty how you have your charateristics set up but his sounds like it has variant configuration involved in it.

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the entry for catalog type '1', code group 'Z033000', code '0010' at transaction QS41.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Which parameter to be checked? I have checked it. It is similar to others.

Mayura