cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting of Price Difference GL to Cost Center and COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we do the Settlement of Production order for the material having the standard price in material master, the following accounting entries gets generated.

COGM Dr

PRD Ac Cr.

When we see in the system, PRD A/c is not having the cost centers to it.

My question is how can I bring the Cost center with this GL postings.? Do I need to create Cost element for this PRD ac and assign the Cost center in OKB9.?

Also I need to assign this GL in PA Transfer structure to gets its data in COPA?

Kindly help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are in Costing Based COPA - Do not create this GL as cost element... Thats the std design recommended by SAP...

There wil be NO Cost center in such postings

Tick "Variances to costing based COPA" in your settlement profile inorder to settle them to COPA

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay.

But Can we in anyway bring the cost center with this Price difference GL?

Regards

Kami

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the GL is created as a cost element and you make an entry in OKB9 for that GL with a cost center, postings will go to that cost center

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As Nikolas said, its possible.. But I would not advise doing it if you have COPA active

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the information that when we do the settlment of Production Order, Price difference GL will have Production Order as the Object that will take the Prioroty over Cost Center.

But when the Price difference Cost element is updated at the time of MIRO and any financial entry t that point of time Cost center will be updated against that GL.

Please correct if my observation is wrong.

regards

Kami

Former Member
0 Kudos

The settlement of price differences creates debit and credit entries. While one side will always be posted to the production order, you can have the balancing entry posted to a cost center.

Price differences from MIRO are a completely different thing. The account determination in OBYC is also separate from that of the settlement of variances from production orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikolas,

Yes I understand about the MIRO case. But the first explantion you gave is not very clear. Yes you are right One leg is going to Production Order but for the Other leg, Cost Center is not showing.

Is there any config missing form my side. Kindly let me know why Other leg is not showing the cost center even though I have made it as Cost Element.

Regards

Kami

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Help.

regards

Kami