cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving grading to batches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I had a scenario where my current client is making rolls of Material say X. When I am receiving material into the stores, quality inspection is triggered with inspection type "04" and goods are posted to quality inspection with a specific batch.

Results are recorded and finally its decided to convert the material to 2 batches one of quality A and the other of quality B in Inspection. I can split the batches when performing a UD, but how can I assign different grades to both these batches at the time of UD?

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Aji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a Class char with different value ranges (classifying in to Grade A, B...) and link it to MIC. Pl. take care to see that the MIC and Class Char are compatible. Create a class with different Grades as a characteristic in it and assign it to material master in classification view (023). When you create - process an Inspection lot, the batch char get updated there by, you can get batches of material with different grades. Pl. ensure that the material is batch managed and also, the updation of Batch char upon UD is enabled in the plant level settings. In BMBC transaction, you can select the required batches of materials. Pl. try. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What are the kind of settings I have to maintain the following areas for transferring batch inspection results at the time of recording?

1. MIC level

2 Inspection plan level

3. plant level settings for quality

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sincerely,

Aji

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you create a batch classification for 'grade' and make this link to a master inspection characteristic.

And you want to divide the result 'A', 'B' and transfer it to each batch (one is original batch and another is new batch by usage decision).

If right, I don't think it is possible within SAP standard function.

Because you must set the 'summarized recording' for control indicator of linked master inspection characteristic.

Therefore only summarized result can be transferred to one or several batches.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

First and foremost, this splitting of batches and giving individual grades for each roll takes place only after receiving in inventory meaning after receiving from production ( inspection Type: "04).

Ok, if I can create an MIC "grade" and use it in In process inspection, how can I make partial lots (and hence batches) from the same original lot and transfer the grade to each of these batches? Would you please tell me how this can be achieved? Any special configuration required?

Sincerely,

Aji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKM,

We had a similar scenario,

The material is graded in to 2 grades and the 04 inspetion type is activated.

Now since batch management is activated, the Inspection lot is generated with the batch number.

At this stage where we can not split the quantity in to grades (Up to my knowledge), so we have implemented a small process.

1. We have created 2 storage locations. i.e 1st for Grade A, 2nd for Grade B.

all the above are virtual S.locations.

2. in the inspection lot stock, give the quantity of A grade material in Unrestricted with the 1st S.Location & B grade material in Blocked stock with the 2nd storage location.

3. Go to MB1B, give 343 M type and move the stock from Blocked to unrestricted. same Batch number will be copied.Make sure that u create one reason for movement for this transaction for tracking purpose.

Check this process and let me know if u have any issues.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how you use your UD codes. Try this.

Make UD codes grade A, grade b, grade c, etc. Add the standard SAP standard characteristic LOBM_UDCODE to the batch class.

Make the UD, select Grade B and post the material going to grade B to the new grade B batch. Save

Go back into the UD, QA12, change the UD to grade A. Post the remaining grade A material to unrestricted. Save

Check the characteristic LOBM_UDCODE on the batch. They should be different. I.e. grade A in the one batch and grade B in the second batch.

The key is that the material going to the batch listed in the inspection lot MUST be posted last. Every time the UD code is changed, the batch in the inspection lot will have the batch class updated. But the new batches are only done once when you post the material to the new batch.

You can either use the UD characteristic then to select grades, or you can create a dependency using variant config that assigns a value to your grade characteristic based on the UD code. That might save you some work in changing what characteristic you use to define grades.

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understood it is possible

suppose XXXXX material have 10 EA after result recording you find out results for defects then you enter defect recording and enter no.of defects after that in UD we have the facility new material posting tab then post the quantity for A grade how many EA and B grade is How many EA if you have different material codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Lakshmiananda,

I understand that we can post the material to a seperate material at the time of UD. But this is not the case here. Instead, They are posting it to the same material, different batch, different grades for each of the batches. So is there any provision with which I can specify the grade to each of the batches?