cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create POWL query for specific user (not self)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to create a POWL query for a specific user. Even the low level method in class CL_POWL_QUERY_ACCESSOR seem to assume that you either are creating an administrator query for any/everyone or just for yourself.

One option is to create multiple queries (for each selection criteria that I want) and assign these directly to user (rather than the role) in the config - but that's config that I'd need to transport up - for what is essentially user level personalisation.

My strong favourite at the moment is to throw a breakpoint in CL_POWL_QUERY_ACCESSOR and manually change the user name as I save new queries in directly in production - but that's not exactly the cleanest solution.

Surely someone has had a need to actually create queries for users, not just delete them as per program POWL_D01?

Many thanks for any hints and tips

Cheers,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well - I should point out that you don't have to transport those user assignment of queries - tables are production maintainable. However, you do have to transport up the query itself - so not ideal.

Oh well - don't think this one has an answer => closing it to open another question.

Cheers,

Chris