cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to expand multiple level of variant material in quotation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use VA21 to create a quotation, there is a variant material such as AA. The Bom of AA is

AA

-

Aa

-

aa

-

ab

-

Ba

-

ba

-

bb

I have create the class of variant, characteristics and configuration profile, also I have create the Bom and assign the dependency. But in my quotation, when I chosed the characteristics, only the first level can be brought out under the top material. The item aa can't be brought out.

Item material Item category Higher-level Item

10 AA AGC

20 Aa AGX 10

Result expected

Item material Item category Higher-level Item

10 AA AGC

20 Aa AGC/AGX 10

30 aa AGX 20

Thanks!

Edited by: wayne wu on Jun 20, 2011 5:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the Item category in the Quotation & go to VOV7 and check Bill Of Material / Configuration with Structure Scope - B (Explode multi-level bill of material).

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankur,

I change the Structure Scope to B and Application SD01, but it seems conflict with the config strategy and variant matching. So, in VA21, material can't be determined by system automatically through choosing characteristics. System expands all the material of the top material. Like this:

AA

-

Aa

-

aa

-

ab

-

Ba

-

ba

-

bb

Are there some mistakes in my Item Category configuration?

Thanks.

Edited by: wayne wu on Jun 21, 2011 4:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What was there previously at Structure Scope.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was D-----Configuration, poss. with BOM explosion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I find that the "Only configurable assemblies" patrameter of CU41 decide how to expand bom in VA21. If checked, only configurable parts expand, if not, all the levels of boms can be expanded.