Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap BPC or BO and other clarfications:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everybody!

wie gehts?:) how are you,

this forum is one of the reason i am in germany now. as i got the university list from here,

so thanks everybody.

i have three questions ,

1.i have two years experience and 1.5 years experience in bi.

now i am studying in srh ,heidelberg which is part of universtity alliance with sap.

1.i want to know what are the benifts that we have studying in a university which is part of university alliance ?

example : i want to do my bi certification and training in bo ,do i get a cut -price or its same ?

2. As i mentioned i have 1.5 years of experience in SAP Bi (only the backend never worked in the front end ).

i am not sure what i should do to build on that so thats its useful in my sap carrier .Business objects or BPC.

i have a overview on bpc and i worked on bo for 3 months .and i think i like the idea of BPC .

3. i want to do my thesis on SAP BPC 10 .the new version(when it s out ) .however they dont have thesis opportunity on BPC even in the current version on the carrier portal.

how can i go about it ?how do i approach the sap regarding this ?

regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

I try to answer your questions:

Universities that are member in the UA program basically have access to various SAP solutions. Which SAP solutions are actually used in the curriculum of the university mostly depends on the course of study and focus of the lecture.

Benefits of the students therefore are that they are able to get in touch with SAP during the course of their study.

Furthermore there are also certification offerings like TERP10 that are offered to students for a reduced price.

Where to focus (BW / BO / BO BPC) mainly depends on your interests, skills and competencies. If you focus on BO Reporting or BO BPC, you should have good functional skills and you should be able to discuss reporting/planning requirements with business users. If this is what you like to do, BP / BPC is for sure a good opportunity. If your interest is rather technical, I would recommend to stay in the backend and get some additional technical skills in this area like ABAP.

Concerning your thesis:

In Germany it is quite common at Universities of Applied Sciences to write your thesis at a company.

If your university does not offer BPC related topics, your can look out for (consulting) companies that offer BPC consulting and implementation services. Just ask them if it is possible to write a master thesis on BPC and if you can send them your cv/application. It probably makes sense to make an proposal on possible topics you would like to cover in the area of BPC.

Regards

Sonja

Answers (0)