cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant characterstics search help in sales order using object dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapients,

we are trying to configure variant configuration in sales order.

TDC related details like grade,profile,tdc no, tdc date, tdc customer, hardness, composition will be entered through a ZPROGRAM and the details will be stored in ZTABLE (ZTDC).Now when we create sales order, after entering the material and clicking on variant configuration, the configuration screen comes up where the grade and profile will come from the material master. User will punch the appropriate TDC number, but a search help needs to be generated for TDC no based on the values of grade and profile, which will show the tdc numbers punched for that particular grade and profile from the Ztable.

Please guide me how to resolve this issue. shall i create dependency based on TDC no. In dependecy what is the code i have to write . Please elaborate in detail as i dont have idea on dependency.

Is it possible through user exit.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu,

You can avail the above by using variant tables. Please create a variant table with all the possible combinations. System will only display the values based on the value you enter.You can find more information on variant tables on the following link.

Please review the example to setup your scenario.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/23/0be7d831cb11d2909c0000e8a49aad/frameset.htm

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

TDC number goes on increasing with time. so we can not mention each and every TDC value generated in characteristic CT04 . Can you plz elaborate the steps citing examples. can you please list the steps and the dependency to be written.

Thanks.

Edited by: prabhu chandan on Jun 24, 2011 8:17 PM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My thoughts are as follows.

If for a particular combination of grade and profile, there is unique TDC number, then it is possible to use variant table. However if the number is not unique for a combination of grade and profile, then V.Table will not help. Dependency using V.Table will not give the possible list of values, but will automatically update the value based on grade and profile.

If the combination is not unique, you can think of using a FUNCTION (CU67). SAP documentation is very good on using functions and function modules related to this. It is not as difficult as we think it is and we are using functions for some of our functionalities.

So based on this, you can decide on your further actions.