cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery note..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru`s...

where i am new to the sap,,, i have a question, exactly what is delivery note and when we are using this delivery note..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii krpatchala,

The delivery note (or delivery, for short) is an SD document that is used to process a delivery of goods or services to a customer. The delivery provides the basis for carrying out the SD activities related to material planning, picking, shipping, transport, and billing. It also serves as the basis for carrying out quality inspections for deliveries.

Normally Delivery Note is created after Sales Order and before Post Goods Issue and Invoice.

TCODE - Create (VL01N), Change (VL02N), Display (VL03N).

Remember Sales Order carries Header Data, Item Data & Schedule Line while Delivery Note carries only Header Data & Item Data because Item Data of Delivery Note carries the values of Item Data and Schedule Line of Sales Order.

For more clarification kindly revert me back.

Thanks and regards,

Santanu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP-SD, the standard order flow is as below

Sales order-Delivery-GI-Billing

So each business event is mapped in SAP with different Code and document types as shown above.

So the Delivery will move the stock (material) from your books of account with help of event GI.

The physical document which can taken as printout of Delivery transaction, which helps to move goods out of factory is called as "Delivery Note"

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Process is like

Inquiry >> Quotation >> Sales order >> Delivery note >> Invoice

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos