cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Unit # is not associated with the materal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one old material XYZ000 sitting in one of the bin with "S" Blocked state without Storage Unit # associated with it.since now we use Storage Unit management with all the material in the plant.but every time I try to do posting change on this material XYZ000 it will not let me do that.

My question is if there is anyway I could be able to move this to available stock or is there any way if I could assign/create or add Storage unit # to this material so that I could do the posting change easily with LT10 or LT01 .please dont forget to show me the movement type also.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards

Edited by: smrizvi on Jun 19, 2011 3:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 - Check in LI21, if there are any differences exist for the warehouse XXX and storage type 999. And also add the material in the search.

If exists, then there should be a difference of posting happened.

2 - Check if any posting change happened and not been completed.

Go to LU03 and enter the Warehouse and material number and look for the posting change documents happened.

Compare it with the quantity you have it in blocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response, I tried both T.codes couldnt find the info u told me to look for.

I'll tell you the scenario,

Before activating storage unit management for storage types in our Warehouse.that material was sitting in that bin as I mentioned above.we didn't realized to remove the whole quants from that storage type before activating St: unit Mgmt.now all other material in that bin has St: unit assigned to them accept this material so everytime I try to move this part by LT01/LT10 i get that error message.I know LT07/LT08 t.code are there to create/expand St: unit but i dont know what movement type to pick in those t.codes, second i am not sure about whole process of LT07/LT08 T.codes.

I hope I give you the right picture of the issue.

Regards

Edited by: smrizvi on Jun 21, 2011 5:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you type in the SU field in LS22? or is it not changable?

I think you have the right idea with LT01 but you didn't mention the error message text.

If you can move the stock into a non SU controled storage type some how the system will assing new SU when you move it back into the bin

0 Kudos

Quickest way to check for and to correct such inconsistant stock scenarios is to run report RLTREORG2 for the warehouse in question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arakish,

LS22 doen't show the Storage unit field for this material only but it shows for other materials but still it will not allow you to change it cos its greyed out.

for report RLTREORG2 i will try to get some help from ABAP or basis team cos I don't have enough experience to debug the issue there.

thanks for your advises .