cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing 7.0 Standard Implementation Estimate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are looking to implement following standard features of SAP Souring 7.0 (on premise) for one of our customers:

- Strategic Sourcing

- CLM

We will use Global Text Search without Optimizer and Contract Generation. Based on what I have read I have made a high level plan as follows

Plan

Installation and Requirements - 2 weeks

Configuration - 4 weeks

Data Load, Customization, 1 Integration with SRM and 1 workflow - 4 weeks

Testing - 2 weeks

Training - 2 weeks

Resources

PM - 1

Sourcing and CLM Consultant - 2

Basis - 1

Data Load and Testing - 2

PI for Integration - 1

Beanshell JAVA - 1

XPDL Workflow - 1

If the experienced people who have done such implementation can validate the same, it will be of great help.

Regards,

Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Implementation estimates can vary widely depending upon the nature of the deployment, number of templates, legacy contract loading, integration with other systems, training and testing requirements, custom reports etc. As a ballpark for a non-integrated solution and assuming you have the skills in place that have delivered this project previously (e.g. not doing this for the first time), the estimate is on the light side. I would probably increase the requirements phase a bit, and only after reviewing the true requiremnets would we be able to provide a solid estimate. And, performing the integration with ECC is not necessarily trivial if you have never done this before.

-Howie Wexler

Crafty Systems, Inc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Crafty.

We are looking to install the Vanilla version to start with. Customer requirements will be captured and mapped in phase 2 of the project. In the phase 1 we will only upload master data, transaction data. In terms of integration in 1st phase we are looking for excel upload/download to/from sourcing. All integrations will be build later phases.

With this information can you provide some more information in this regard.

Regards,

Jai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jai

Plan

Installation - 4 weeks

Configuration - 4 - 6 weeks

Data Load, Customization, Integration with SRM and workflow 6 - 8 weeks

Testing - 2 - 4 weeks

Training - 2 weeks

Total: 5 - 6 months approx

Resources

PM - 1

Sourcing and CLM Consultant - 1

Basis - 1

Data Load and Testing - 1

PI for Integration - 1

Beanshell JAVA - 1

XPDL Workflow - 1

Above plan and resources would be fine for any standard implementation. Assuming its for E-Sourcing without CLM and Optimizer

Regards

~Ankush Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai

I assume you are going for custom integration b/w SAP e sourcing/ CLM and SAP SRM.

Regarding resource estimates, adding to what Ankush has already given I would suggest 1 SAP SRM functional and

1 technical (ABAP) resource along with 1 PI/ XI (already mentioned by Ankush)

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ankush,

Please let me know how to configure the workflows in SAP Sourcing for Contracts.

Thanks,

Venky