cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing standard webdynpro components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to change the layout of the standard web dynpro components. I started enhancing the relevant methods in the component controller with pre, post and overwrite methods but when it comesto the UI, after enhancing the componenet if i go to the enhancement to change the UI it is changing the standard UI. In my case the requirement is grouping the UI elements on the SAP standard Webdynpro components and change the format of the data on the screen.Can you please provide suggestions on how to enhance the web dynpro layout without modifying the layout? Please feel freeto askme for further info on the same.

Thanks alot inadvance,

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

but when it comesto the UI, after enhancing the componenet if i go to the enhancement to change the UI it is changing the standard UI. In my case the requirement is grouping the UI elements on the SAP standard Webdynpro components and change the format of the data on the screen..

hallo Ravi,

You can delete the layout and create a new layout with the changes you needed. for example the standard UI consists a group with layout as flowlayout.

You have to delete this group and create the group with same name and change the layout to Matrix layout.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's quite painful isn't it!

When wanting to make a small change to a UI element that was in the standard performance management WDA, I had to copy the entire tree and then recreate it, just to change one non-enhanceable value at the top of the tree...

An alternative is to do it dynamically in WDDOMODIFYVIEW, but I would advise against that - as dynamic UI coding is nasty to support - much easier to see that the change came from a view layout enhancement.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Thanks alot for the reply.

you mean to say, it is OK to go ahead with the approach i'm dealing with? Coz, i see that when i create enhancement implementation for the web dynpro then the new enhanced component allows me to add all attributes and etc except the layout which is grayed out. In case i wanted to change and make it editable and make any changes to save on it and i activate it, later when i check the standard layout the layout changes are on the standard. In my case i had an object key for modifying the standard and i'm bit confused whether it the standard is changed or the enhancement is working. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think you are in right track. It is bit confusing to see that your changes are reflecting in the standard view layout.

Just to make sure , exit the editor. once again se 80->browse until you reach the enhancement implementation->then enhance the view .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskaran,

you are right. I will get used to this going forward.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

Its really pain.. there are so many attributes which we can handle static compared to dynamic apprach. I take your comments on this. Thanks alot for the info.

Regards,

Ravi.

Answers (0)