Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture IDOC details after posting

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have SOAP to IDOC scenario. I need to create a custom idoc which would post PO into ECC.

I need to capture the IDOC status i.e. whether the IDOC is posted successfully or not in ECC ( 53 or 51 ) and send tht idoc message back to SOAP message. This needs to be a Sync

Kindly suggest how I can capture the IDOC status message into PI and send it back to source.

Can I use a RFC lookup in PI mapping to check IDOC status and send tht response to source. Should I use BPM for this ? Kindly suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Approach 1:

After posting the IDoc call the ABAP proxy which will contain the IDoc status, push the IDoc status to PI using ABAP proxy.

Approcah 2:

If u want to use the IDoc acknowledgement approach, after posting the IDoc, create a custom ALEAUD i.e ZALEAUD message type and fill the structure using custom code and trigger the IDoc status back to PI which will send the status back to source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Approach 1:

After posting the IDoc call the ABAP proxy which will contain the IDoc status, push the IDoc status to PI using ABAP proxy.

Approcah 2:

If u want to use the IDoc acknowledgement approach, after posting the IDoc, create a custom ALEAUD i.e ZALEAUD message type and fill the structure using custom code and trigger the IDoc status back to PI which will send the status back to source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sending back Idoc status back to PI, you can check out ALEAUDIT messages. However, this would be in a seperate interface

as Idoc does not support synchronous communication.

To make the process synchronous, you would need to use a BPM. Or you can replace the Idoc with Abap proxy or RFC, which would make the entire communication syncronous.

Regards