Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packing issue

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi every one

According to my Client requirement customer will give the all packing material (Non Valuated) and also packing instruction will get from customer how to pack the finished material (Multiple packing). {At the time of production completion only client come to know customer packing Instructions}

Is there any way to maintain the packing instruction based on customer requirement and pack the finished material?

At the time delivery can we get the packed material details so based on that we select the packed materials for that customer?

How system will check the customer packing material? What is the configuration is required?

The above is possible in standard SAP? if yes any one guide me how to map into SAP because I am new to this concept

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

This is a Standard requirement from your description.

Please search the forum for packing configuration.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/16/4bad4ba63611d2b44e006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

If there is any doubt, please revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply ,

Can u please help if u dont mine what are the settings i have to do because i gone through that previously

can please explain so i can go further ahead because i am new to this configuration

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

Check this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr. Hegal K Charles,

I tried to under based on ur link but i understood upto some extenstion so i mentioned below

1. Define Number Ranges for Handling Unit: I took Standard SAP Number ranges.

2. Define Packing Material Type: Here I defined 3 packed materials like Catton, Tubes, labels & BOX. {Here box is the final packed material which client send it to customer }

3. Define Material Group for Packaging Materials : here I defined BOX only

4. Define Allowed Packaging Materials : here i maintained with combination

Box - Catton, BOX - Tubes, Box u2013 Labels, Box u2013 Box

Please guide me if i wrong

I am little bit confusion where i have to start and where i have to finish

if u don't mine can you please explain based on my above example what are the steps i have to follow

please guide me

Edited by: prasanna_sap on Jun 19, 2011 12:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Prasanna I know you are working in textile industry and what issues u posted on that I laready worked.

Here cotton is not your packaging material

There are paper tubes on this cotton is rolled out

Then plastic paper is rolled out

Then label is stick on this packed roll

Kindly refer SD book of glain williams in that how to pack material with multiple packaging material is mentioned in detail.

Kapil

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr.Kapil,

I am little bit confusion for configuration because i don't know where i need to start and where i need to end

i have seen documents but i am not clear how to start plz guide me what r the steps i have follow

i think you understand packing how i want to pack the material

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr.Kapil,

At the time of delivery i am getting the error like this

Items subject to batch handling w/o batch assignment could not be packed

Message no. HUDIALOG102

Diagnosis

There are items to be handled in batches which have not yet been assigned to a batch.

Batches must be recognized for items with HU-managed storage locations.

For items at a storage location that is not HU-managed, the item type determines if packing will take place at cumulated item quantity level (meaning that the batch is not recognized at any point in the handling unit) or if packing must take place at batch level.

System Response

If an item requires batch identification, that item will not be suggested for packing as long as the batch is not recognized.

Procedure

Go to the maintenance of the delivery item and assign at least one batch to the item.