cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement SAP DR solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed a high available(MSCS) SAP system in my data center.I would like to know how to implement a standalone system in my DRC.

I have installed the high available systems with windows 2008 enterprise with SQL 2008 R2.I am planning to do the SQL mirroring from my clustered database to the standalone SQL 2008 server.If I need to go for a DR testing I have to do the sytem copy with the latest mirrored database and it will take hours to bring back the system.

I have gone through the documents for Geo clusterning with windows 2008 and its only supports for hyperV and sql2008 does not have option for this.

Documents in the SAP site does not have much information for DR solution .I would appreciate if somebody has implemented this type of scenario,Pls guide me with the solution.

Thanks

Arun Padikkal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The general advise is to install SAP on HA and perform few HA tests, once tested ok configure the DR for the related database.

SAPinst is the standard SAP installation tool, covering a broad range of platforms and products and both the ABAP and Java technology. Whether you are going to install an SAP NetWeaver system, an SAP ERP system or a standalone engine - such as SAP liveCache - you can handle all these installations easily through the uniform look and feel of the SAP installation tool.

Refer to SAP URL on this topic of installation and DR -

Regards