cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in accessing a webdynpro java application from a web application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to call a webdynpro java application from a web application present at some other application server.

Currently, when the web application which is present on some application server tries to call our web dynpro java application and tries to send some HTTP POST response in it's call, the following error message is received:

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Web Dynpro client inspection</TITLE></HEAD><BODY style="font-

family:Arial;"><H2>Sorry, your browser/program is not supported by Web Dynpro!</

H2></BODY></HTML>

Kindly let me know the probable issue and the process steps required in order to overcome this issue.

If this way of communication is not possible, we will have to look for some workaround.

Currently, we are on EP 7.01 SP03.

Please let me know if this issue can be resolved by upgrading the SP from 03 to 05.

Please note that the web application and the webdynpro application both are on different application servers having different domains.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a workaround that will allow the rendering of Web Dynpro applications using FF4:

- In Visual Administrator, navigate to Services > Configuration Adapter

- In the right pane tree, navigate to webdynpro > sap.com > tcwddispwda

- Open Propertysheet clients for editing

- Change property 'ns7.recognition' to value 'rv:1.|rv:2.' (without the quotes)

This will render WD using FF4

In general we need to support only the IE / Firefox versions that SAP supports, however if we will update the property sheets so users can use the latest IE / Firefox version. IF run into problems SAP will tell us that not supported by them yet.

We have to wait for SAP to release the support pack. It could take us a year after the latest version of a browser is release before we can officially support it...

Again, its not a supported change and is to be used at your own risk.

-Yugandhar Reddy

Edited by: Yugandhar Reddy on Jun 20, 2011 4:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have reported the issue to SAP.

Regarding error in accessing the web dynpro application, we are now using a servlet instead of a web dynpro application.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you already check [https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/pam]? Firefox 4 and IE 9 are not yet supported so in case you use those, it will not work in the foreseeable future...

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is quite clear , your browser version is too high.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Can you please recommend the solution to overcome this issue?

We are currently on EP 7.01 SP 03.

I've got 1 SAP note which talks about upgrading the SP from 03 to 05 which will be doing tomorrow.

But if you've any other recommended approach, kindly let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think there is no solution until sap release a SP to support your version of the browser.