SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To stop the Security Deposited Calculation at the time of move out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working on this issue from last week still unable to stop the calculation of SD in Final bill at the time of Move out, i have blocked the main and sub transaction, any help will be appreciated as early as possible, this issue has to be solved on weekend.

Regards

K. Shilpa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

I am not sure about where you are calculating the interest, i.e whether through the SD interest run, FPINTM2 or at the time of invoicing.

If you are performing the interest run through FPINTM2, then you need to code in your requirement in event 2015 to block the finalised accounts.

If you are performing the interest calculation at the time of invoicing, then in event R402, you need to segregate the final bills based on same parameter , like main tr, or meter reading reasons etc and then block them from the SD interest calcultion part.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

I am not sure about where you are calculating the interest, i.e whether through the SD interest run, FPINTM2 or at the time of invoicing.

If you are performing the interest run through FPINTM2, then you need to code in your requirement in event 2015 to block the finalised accounts.

If you are performing the interest calculation at the time of invoicing, then in event R402, you need to segregate the final bills based on same parameter , like main tr, or meter reading reasons etc and then block them from the SD interest calcultion part.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply amlan, i have already blocked the interest calculation of SD in the final invoice, i need to stop the adjustment of SD in the final bill on move-out. Hope you understand my question. It is coming on the name of transfer posting charges.

Regards

K.Shilpa

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

I am a bit confused on what requirement you have and what these adjustments are that you dont want to settle with the final bill.

Are these adjustments coming out of the SD release functionality?

If the above assumption is correct, then what I could gather from your post is, you dont want to settle the adjustment with the Final bill and want that these adjustments would remain as open item, like payment on account etc.

You can place a clearing lock on the adjustment items so that they dont get picked in the account maintainenace during the invoicing run.

I also think you need to look into the PWB code to check and ensure that there are no discrepancies which crops up if you place a clearing lock...

Hope my understanding is correct and it solves the purpose..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems her question on SD looks like security deposit should not adjust with any other open item at the time of final billing (settlement) and it should not appear in invoice too how to do that ?

Edited by: Surya fica on Jun 20, 2011 10:01 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Under Invoicing you have to make the settings of Account Maintenance , whereby for Final Invoice, you have to exclude the Main/Sub of Security deposit from Account Maint. and Printing.Automatically SD amount will not be included in Final Invoice.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Banasri

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Under Invoicing you have to make the settings of Account Maintenance , whereby for Final Invoice, you have to exclude the Main/Sub of Security deposit from Account Maint. and Printing.Automatically SD amount will not be included in Final Invoice.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Banasri

0 Kudos

Hi Banasri,

Still SD is calculating in Final Bill .........

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

I am not sure whether you want to stop the calculation of security deposit during final invoice or you want to stop the account maintenance of the security seposit with the final invoice.

In configuration you have the control to calculate the interest on SD during invoice. Please check the following path:

SPRO-SAP Utilities-Invoicing-Invoice Processing-Define Control for Additional Invoicing Functions

Please check for clearing type R42 (final bill) whether the indicator is set for 'Calculate interest for cash security deposit in invoicing' (INT: cash dep.).

Please untick it if it is selected already to stop the SD interest calculation during final invoice.

Hope it will resolve your issue.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Thanks Nirmalya,

I have already done this. My issue is to stop calculating SD amount in Final Invoice.

I have made changes at Invoice level & SD level , But Still SD amount is coming in Final Invoice.

Edited by: shilpa.k on Jun 22, 2011 7:23 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

It means you are not calculating the security deposit with the invoice using the standard available SAP process.

Please check the enhancement where you are calculating this. You can check the event R402 where the calculation might happen. Please chek the enhancements.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Thanks Nirmalaya,

This issue is being solved or you can say managed by reversing the corresponding payment document, So now at the time of move out the SD is not calculating in my final bill. So they are happy with this type of solution at the moment.

Now here something more for you,

1. After Doing the reversal of SD,it is not calculating in final bill but it is an open item in periodic billing. How do i stop this now??

2. Now they are thinking to scrap the total SD from SAP(No SD in SAP). Any Standard Procedure For this??

Hope you get this, i need to submit a proposal for this as early as possible.

Any Help is much Appreciated.

Regards

Shilpa K.

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

First thing I will say that if you reverse an actual payment from customer's account, there are many impacts on the customer side and on SAP side. I think you have already taken care all these things.

Now for the first point if you want the open SD will not appear in the print document, you can do it by reversing the security deposit or by invoicing printing configuration. For the first option you can go to change security deposit (FPSEC2) and reverse it. To do this all the SD documents should be in open status.

For the second option you can go to the following menu path:

SPRO-SAP Utilities-Invoicing-Invoice Processing-Item Selection in Invoicing-Item Selection in Account Maintenance/ Define Sub-Items

In the above menu path for clearing type R4 (Invoicing) and periodic billing (R41), you can control the items which will be printed in the invoice. Select the clearing type and click on the 'Item selection on bill print out' on the left hand side. For the clearing category (maintained at contract account level) you can maintain the main and sub transaction of security deposit (might be 0020 / 0020) and you can see a field 'IP' (Item Will Be Printed on the Bill) where you should maintain it blank. If you do that, security deposit will not be picked up in the invoice document. However it will remain open in the account if you just stop the printing of SD and keep it in the account.

However it totally depnds on the business requirement and related implications whether you want to reverse the SD or you want to keep this in account and do not want to show them on the bill.

Now for the second point you have mentioned, you need to first decide what you will do with the SD payments made by customer.

Either you can release the SD amount and refund it to customer or the amount can be adjusted with the next invoice. Again it depends on business requirement whether you will refund any payment made against SD or you will simply reverse all open security deposits.

Also if you want to stop the SD creation process now onwards, you need to revert all SD configuration like main / sub transaction configuration for SD, default SD releted settings etc. There is no standard process for it. If you want to reverse the SD, you can write a custom program. The configuration related things need to be done manually.

Since all the things will impact the business process or customer, I hope you will take care those things before coming to a conclusion.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Thank you Very Much Nirmalaya,

Yes my first point solved, i was trying to reverse my SD without keeping the SD in Open Item. That really helped me out.

But i have to run 2 transaction first the Customer payment reversal by FP08, then it will become an open item then again the second one FPSEC2 as you suggested, anything directly it can be done means in one transaction??. Bit lazy on this. Need to Document it with all the Screenshot.

Second issue,

Client doesn't want to show the SD to the Customer( I Dnt Know the reason either), they said that they doesn't want the SD to be adjusted or to be showed in the Account or to the customer, They are eating it up(I think) or they are planning something else i don't know?? But for now they doesn't want the term SD from there SAP. No Calculations, No adjustments nothing.

Hope you get your answers, and suggest me something.

Regards

Shilpa K.

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

For the first point if you want to reverse the SD by transaction FPSEC2, first you need to reverse the payment and then you can reverse the SD. It can not be done by one transaction. SD can only be reversed if all the SD documents are in open status.

For the second point also if they simply do not want to print the SD amount in the bill, they can just stop the oprinting by changing the invoice print application form code. Since the code is totally custom, you can control which will be printed and will not be printed in the invoice. You can stop printing of an cleared SD or an open SD document in the bill. So there will not be any need to reverse the payment and then SD and deleting all details from SAP.

However since it is a business decision, I think there must be some reason. I think from your point of view you can recommend all these options and let business decide what they want to do.

Hope you get the answers.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow Up