cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to develop and deploy a Servlet using Developer Studio 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can someone please guide me with the steps required to develop a servlet using Netweaver Developer Studio and deploy it on WAS 6.40.

I am using NWDS version 7.01.

I just want to develop a servlet which can capture the HTTP POST response coming from some web application and forward the response to my custom developed Webdynpro java application.

Kindly let me know the steps required or if possieble share some document so that I can follow it to achieve the same.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you would require to connect your NWDS with J2EE server....where you can deploy your application.

Refer below article :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/100dac80-f93c-2a10-15a1-a9ac1fd31...

Now, Create a web application project :

New Project -> J2EE -> Web Module Project

Give some project name. and you are done....

Now if you know how to create a application in J2EE with servlets and JSP....then rest of process would be straight forward for you...

Just right click on project name and select new Servlet/JSP

Now you will require a deployable unit for your above project.

Again create a new project and this time select "Enterprise Application Project" and select your previously created "web module project" as reference project.

Once you are done with your project...then build and deploy your Enterprise Application Project in server.

Right click on EA project and select Build Application Archive.

Now within this project rightclick on newly created *.EAR file and select deploy to j2EE engine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very Helpful....

Thanks.& Regards,

Anurag