Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object in universe with no curresponding table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have scenario like this,

I want to make use of object x lets take city_name which is not there in universe so obviously i have to make it in universe.

In order to make this object i have to import curresponding table in my universe structure. But problem is i dont have permission on that table so i cant import it. Is there any way to make this object available??

Any workarounds??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the BusinessObjects user account doesn't have permission, then even if you create the object, reports will fail because it is the same database account that is used to execute Webi queries; you would get the same error that you would get if you ran the SQL query in a basic SQL query tool - it would suggest that the table does not exist or the user does not have permission to access it.

You need to see your DBA and get them to grant select privilege on the table to the account used in the universe connection definition.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first you try to run sql query on the database and see you are getting results.if yes then insert a derived table in the universe and then create object in the universe.

or ask your database team to give access on the table.

Thanks,

Amit