Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Objects move from Bex to Universe

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am in a process of developing a universe based on Bex query, this is the first time as I have never done this before and I like to know which objects will move from bex query to universe.

My bex query has followings:

Free characteristics

Variables

Calculated and Restricted Key Figures

Conditions and Exceptions.

I was just wondering if these will be shown in the universe as normal dimensions and measures just like it shows in the bex query as Characteristics and key figures.

Also I would appreciate that what else do I need to keep in mind while building a universe on bex query.

I would appreciate and will award the points accordingly

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First go through by below link.This guide describe how you can create universe based on Cube and Query and what features are available via Cube and Query.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir3/en/xi3_sap_olap_universes_en.pdf

BW characteristics come as a dimension objects,Key Figures as measures and Navigation attributes are as Details Objects.

Thanks,

Amit

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit

The link you sent me is an excellent source and answer lot of my questions.

I am not sure if I missed or over looked but does CKF and RKF in BW bex query will automatically transfer to universe side ?

Can we use multiple queries for one universe or do we only use one bex query per universe.

I am still in a process of reading that link but in a hurry to find answers for these questions, I would appreciate if you share your thoughts.

Regards.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CKF and RKF in BW bex query will automatically transfer to the Universe.

You can check on the Page 12 in the PDF what supported by Cube and BW Query while designing of a universe.

Universe is supporting one connection at a time with Query or Cube.

Thanks,

Amit

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Great, Thanks alot Amit.

Answers (0)