cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting period error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have activated Funds management in year 2012. But while doing GR for old PO system gives following error -

"Period 007/Fiscal year 2011for not open for FM posting in value type"

This error should not be there as FM is activated in 2012. Please suggest.

Regards,

Harshal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> We have activated Funds management in year 2012. But while doing GR for old PO system gives following error -

>

> "Period 007/Fiscal year 2011for not open for FM posting in value type"

>

> This error should not be there as FM is activated in 2012. Please suggest.

>

> Regards,

>

> Harshal

Hi ,

Check the period control in Transaction "FMOPER" if you activated the Period control.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your reply. I checked FMOPER. But Budget period control is not open. This error was not there on Development and Quality, but its on Production. Even if this period control is activated, system should not ask for previous, as FM is activated from 2012. Please suggest.

Regards,

Harshal Vaidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please suggest.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you share the solution? Did you use tcode FMMI?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I open posting periods through tcode FMMI.

Regards,

Harsh

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Just to add some information regarding error FI_E018.

It seems to be that you have defined the FM update date as the PO posting date and not the delivery date since message shows year 2011 and not 2012.

You can't change the PO in a closed period. Please check in transaction FMIR if the period 007/ year 2011 mentioned in the error is open. It should be, otherwise the error message is issued.

In addition, I am not sure if you are using PBET. Please run in SE38 report RFFMMONI that shows all your customizing settings done in your system for FM. Please click on the update profile chosen by you, e.g. 000102. System will go to another screen and show if you are using PBET.

In case you are using PBET, please review the information on updating commitments, refer to the SAP library under SAP ERP Central Component -> Accounting -> Public Sector Management -> Funds Management -> Actual and Commitment Update -> Period-Based Encumbrance Tracking.

If you are using PBET, message is issued correctly. I am sorry but the decision of using PBET is from customers, SAP does not deliver PBET active, every customer decide to use PBET according their business requirements.

In summary, you have two options:

1) Setup FMIR to allow for posting in the desired period.

2) Use BAdI FM_OPEN_PERIODS and method OPEN_INTERVAL_CHECK.

If you can't open the period (using transaction FMIR) is to use the BAdi FM_OPEN_PERIODS. The BAdi allows the implementation of a new algorithm to determine if a period is opened or closed for a specific posting in commitment updating. Documentation for the BAdi can be found using transaction SE18.

I agree completely with Eli and also to clarify, this error message is related to the PSM-FM module (client level) not the BCS functionality within the module.

To give you a good comparison FMIR is for FM the same as transaction OB52 is for FI.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add something more.

The module PSM-FM was active in 2011 but you have activated BCS in 2012 as per my understanding.

Therefore, you were using former budgeting before but even former budgeting is controlled by the closing period transaction FMIR. You can check transaction FMIR in all the systems/clients that you mentioned to see if the periods are open in the same way.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your reply Eli and Vanessa.

I checked FMIR in all clients, settings are same. Previous years are not open.

I also run SE38 and run programme RFFMMONI, it also shows same settings on all clients.

But system is asking to open previous posting period only on production.

If I open those period, then it may ask for number ranges, budget and posting address etc. I am right?

I am not sure whether system will ask Budget for previous or not. Please suggest.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Another check that you can do is which is the FM update date in both systems. You checked RFFMMONI, did you see if the FM update date is the same for both?

One thing that I am not sure is where (which YEAR) you want this post to be posted in FM tables.

Do you want to post this in 2011 or 2012? Bear in mind that this question is only related to FM tables not the other related ones in MM or FI.

In case you want to post in 2012 you can use FMOD but only for this posting and for 1 single user. As soon as the document is posted this record should be removed from FMOD.

In case you want to post in 2011 for FM tables, FMIR is the only solution, unfortunately.

Can you please clarify if in 2011 you were using Former Budgeting? If this is the case you should review the migration information below about the matter before doing any action in your production system to see if all was considered during migration:

429225 Migration FI-FM to SAP R/3 Enterprise Public Services 1.10

956356 Migration from 4.6C FI-FM and former FI-FM releases to BCS

788434 Allow additive mode in totals migration

Please find the available information in the help.sap.com

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

As well as the release notes for Funds management:

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/releasenotes

I suggest you to check also the following customizing setttings:

SPRO -> PSM -> Funds Management Government -> Budget Control System (BCS) -> Budgeting -> Migration of Former Budgeting to BCS

First read the documentation available in the first submenu named Overview of Migration Activities. In the document you will find links that go directly to the customizing settings that you should review.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for reply.

Former budgeting was not active in any of the previous year.

Should I open previous years for FM posting by using tcode FMMI? If I do this then system may ask for Budget and Posting Address and Budget data for previous years (2007 to 2011).

On development and quality I have not opened pervious periods, then also system allows me to process old documents. Please suggest.

Regards,

Harshal Vaidya

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Did you check my reply above (before your last update)? Can you please check this and let me know the results of your tests?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

This issue has been solved after opening old FM periods. System did not ask for budget for old periods.

Regards,

Harsh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM activation is not 'per year' (you may be confusing with BCS activation). So, if FM is active, then every relevant posting should create FM document. Threfore, if you have an old PO with a posting date in 2011, you have to verify that FM period is open as well (FMIR).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks. Yes, BCS is activated from year 2012. But this Posting period error we are getting only on Production, not on Development and Quality.

- If I have activated BCS 2012, then why system is asking to open old posting period. I am processing old documents in current period.

-Again I have doubt, if I have open old FM periods then what will be its other repercussions. Will system ask for budget for old period.

Again Development and quality does not give such error.

Regards,

Harshal Vaidya

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said, activation of BCS is not connected to activation of FM. BCS is a functionality of budget management and that's all.

FM is activated per client and is year-independent. Therefore, if FM is active, then you have to open the posting periods (via FMIR or FMMI) where applicable. Whether the system will ask for budget or not, that's dependent on the FM objects in question and AVC strategy that you have implemented.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

AVC is activated from 2012. We are using all standard strategies like-

Derivation Strategy for Control Objects - 9HSAP000

Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles - 9HSAP000

Activation of Availability Control - 9H From ledger 2012 Active with usual check logic

I am surprised because same setting is there on quality server, but system is not asking to open old FM period on Quality server, but it is asking on Production server.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Harshal Vaidya

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot tell what are the settings in Quality and Development; maybde, the periods are open there. I emphasize once more: FM is activated on client level and not on year basis, i.e. if you have FM-relevant posting in year X, this year should be open in FMIR. If AVC is activated as from 2012, then no budet check will be excuted for the years before, but FM assignment - fund centre, commitment item, etc. - should be duly presented in the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction FMIR solves the error :

Period 001/Fiscal Year 2013 for not open for FM posting in value type 81.

Thanks,

Kamini