cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a clearance sale on a list of materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got a request from our spare parts department that I'm not sure how to handle. They have a list of about 30 materials that they want to get rid of through a clearance sale. That is, they want to sell off all of the remaining stock of those materials at a discount. After the inventory is cleared, they want those parts to effectively become make-to-order parts, and they want to raise the price. So the parts are not being discontinued or obsoleted, just cleared from inventory.

Does anyone have ideas on how we might configure this type of clearance sale? I looked into using promotions and sales deals, but they only seem to allow for sales based on a specified period, whereas we want the promotion to end based on when stock is depleted. I searched here and elsewhere for other ways of accomplishing this, but came up empty.

Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW, we're on 4.6c.

Regards,

- Greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Jelena, that's helpful. I hadn't realized that this functionality might be in the retail solution (which we don't have, unfortunately). Our spare parts department decided to just manually manage this along the lines you mentioned after I explained that there really isn't a solution for this in standard R/3, so they have a way to proceed.

Thanks again for your reply!

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question. It doesn't look like there is a good option for clearance discount available (unless you're running Retail or are ready to invest in some additional "solution").

Since it's only 30 materials, maybe the easiest way would be to create the new material records for them and move the stock to the new materials through inventory adjustment? This would affect the reporting but if you report by Product Hierarchy, that should still be good.

I've noticed how in many stores when you buy a clearance item they actually have special barcodes on them. I.e. those are, essentially, not the "real" materials anymore.