cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break point not working when debugging code in external window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a web dynpro application with 2 views. I click on a button on main view and it opens up second view in external window. I am using "assistance class" for data retrieval. I was able put an external breakpoint in a method in assistance class and and also external breakpoint in a button click even handler in external window and everything was working great until 2 days ago. Now all of sudden when I try to debug, the debugger is not stopping in external window or assistance class! It only stops in even handler function in "Main window". Everything was working great and not sure what happened! I did lot of research on SDN and there is tried "utilities->settings", activated/deactivated web dynpro application from SICF and pretty much everything I can but no success. We have one dedicated server and no load balancing or anything. Could you pleas send me any information that will help me resolve this issue?

Thanks.

--Mithun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SICF user was different. Changed to my username and it worked fine.

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun Dha

I am facing same problem !

please let me know what is SICF user name and how to change it ?

I am using MSS PCR application (MSS role, Personal Change Request which is standard application on portal and it calls BADI at backend, it was working fine till yday suddenly its not stopping at the ext breakpoint in BADI)

thank you

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried everything suggested and still not working.

Thanks.

Mithun

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Obvious one that I often forget - how many GUI sessions do you have open? if you have max open already (normally 6) then debug window cannot be opened!

Lost track of the number of times that this has happened to me.

Cheers,

Chris

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check whether you have TCODE SRDEBUG. if so then execute the SRDEBUG transaction and then activate the debugging.

BR

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check "Session breakpoint active inmed." and uncheck "IP Matching" options.

Regards,