Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM:Misc Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Need help with below queries

1) When a user with only a SPM role logs into the portal, he can see Spend performance management mentioned 3 times. Can we make it just visible one time?

2) Can we restrict language in SPM UI only to english?

3) Can we edit the description for time zone in SPM i.e e.g. ESTNO -Eastern Time(Indianapolis) to Eastern Time (US)?

4)What is the minimum Internet Explorer version supported by SPM?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reopening message for point 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malathi,

We have that open under an OSS message at the moment. Apparently a "fix" for this is due to be released for this in the coming days SP6 patch 2 I think.

I believe this will state that you're attempting to run in an incompatible language.

I understand the requirement here as the portal supports more languages than SPM, so a user will have to change their entire portal language to use SPM and this will affect any language-dependent master data texts in other portal applications.

You may wish to verify this via OSS?

Kind regards

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

Regarding the restriction on language, if sometimes a users changes their language the SPM UI gives "Spend Analytics Startup Failed" error.

Can you suggest how it can be done if possible

Regards

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You might want to check your portal content to see if anybody has made copies of the SAP delivered iView and provided access to it. Out of the box there is only one iView which provides access to SPM tab in protal.

2. Don't think this can be done, but what is the reason behind this?

3. Yes, you can change the description of the timezones in BW ABAP using transactions STZBC 'Maintain time zones in Basis Cust.'.

4. I would recommend you to be on IE 7 or higher, we have in the past seen IE6 with specific windows update to cause flash player crash and issues that does not seem to be SPM related. In addition make sure you also have the latest flash player version.

Regards,

Rohit