cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble saving Credential Alias in Credential Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having trouble creating a Credential Alias for my JCO connector to an ECC6 system. When I go to the Credential Editor in my MII 12.1.8(Build 36) system (using Firefox 3.6.17), which is on Netweaver CE 7.1 EP5, I do not have any buttons. Very odd! Shouldnu2019t I at least see u2018Newu2019, u2018Saveu2019, u2018Editu2019 and u2018Deleteu2019 buttons? I am unable to save the password I am setting for the Credential Alias. The alias name is there, but when I try to change the username or add the password I am unable to save it.

I have tried creating a test transaction just to confirm I have a connection and I get u201CJCOProxy error: u2018passwordu2019 missingu201D when trying to get a list of available BAPIu2019s. I have tried creating a local variable with the password and setting it directly in the links of the JCO Start Session, but I still get the same error. Apparently the alias setting is overriding the link setting within the action block.

Has anyone ever seen this issue? Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? Am I completely missing something?

Thanks in advance for any and all help in this matter.

Mari Santangelo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mari,

Haven't seen you here in a while. Hope all is going well with you.

Yes, you should see a row of five buttons beneath the text boxes (New, Save, Delete, Usage, Help).

What happens in IE?

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jun 17, 2011 4:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I've had a couple projects start and then stop suddenly, so I've been through a couple blueprints but no realization in a while. This system is our sandbox system, but I will need to use it for some sales demos.

I had been avoiding IE because I have IE8 and this was an issue with ME on my last project. I gave it a try based on your response and VOILA!! I have all my buttons!! I was able to change the username and save the password. My test transaction now gives me a full list of BAPI's from my ECC6 system.

Thanks for the quick reply and, as always, extremely helpful answer!!

Mari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked your role.

It is SAP_XMII_Developer or SAP_XMII_Administrator/SAP_XMII_Super_Administrator.

u2018Newu2019, u2018Saveu2019, u2018Editu2019 and u2018Deleteu2019 buttons will not be visible to you if you are not having Administrator roles.

You can change the roles according to screens as well.

Check the following Link: [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/48/d0c6efbcb810b6e10000000a421138/frameset.htm]

after determine Credential Alias under the MII Admin Menu -> Security Services -> Credential Editor .

open your TXN. In Configuration of your JCO Action Block you will find in the Credential Alias dropdown box the Alias that you created.

Just map Credential Alias and test it again.

Thanks

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

My user is both Admin and SuperAdmin. Apparently, this was an issue with Firefox. I tried it with IE8 and it worked fine.

Thank you for your quick response.

Mari Santangelo