Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Download/Upload problem

joopedro_cabrita
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am having trouble with download/upload smartforms from PRD to DEV environment.

Below I describe my procedure:

Download the Smartform from PRD environment to my PC(a xml file is generated), using TCode SMARTFORMS->Download.

Upload the XML file into DEV environment using the Tcode SMARTFORMS->Upload.

I successufully generate the SMARTFORM, and it looks like the one I have in PRD system.

When I print a document using this form, all the characthers appear without style although the style is created in DEV system.

This results in a completely different layout, special characthers do not appear, font sizes, bold/italic.

For example:

2ª Via -> 2# Via

I see that the header of the xml file I downloaded has a line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

Can this be related to this header ?

Any clues on how can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your feedback,

Cheers,

João Cabrita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

joopedro_cabrita
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Thank you for your comments/suggestions.

I tried printing it to a different printer and it looks fine now.

The thing here now is to find out what caused this problem, since noone changed a thing in the system. Yesterday was working and today is not anymore.

Is there a way to find out changes in the drivers of a specific printer or system fonts ?

This problem is happening with a local printer. I think some fonts are missing, but how can I find which ones?

Thank you very much,

Kind Regards,

Joã

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João,

In transaction SE73 -> Printer Fonts -> 'Show available fonts' , you can check what true type fonts are uploaded in a system.

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

João,

Have you been able to correct this problem?

We recently (5 months ago) completed an EHP7 SAP ERP 6.0 upgrade.  I normally develop Smartforms changes in SBX and move the changed form to DEV via XML file (Download and Upload in Smartforms).

When I use the XML file to upload Latinbased languages (EN, ES, DE, NL) I do not encounter any problems. Problems appear when I am uploading ZH (Chinese) Language Smartforms through XML.

Here is an example of my current problem. I have a Chinese description next to an order number:

订单 (translation: Order).

After I download and upload the form to DEV via XML file, the Chinese description has changed to: ##

I am manually moving all of the Chinese descriptions to correct this problem in Smartforms.

Just wondering if you resolved your issue.

Thank you,

Rick Dudas

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rick,

Check the codepages in both systems. There is the difference...

If the codepage are the same, it works fine.

Regards

Florian

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should also download the style associated with the smartform and upload it to the DEV system. Also, you should check that the same fonts are available in transaction SE73 in both systems. Possible some true type fonts are available in one system and not the other.

You should also run the report RSTXDELL with default settings(except change the client field to * instead of the current client. This will delete any cached data of the sapscript tables so the data will be reas again from the tables themselves. This often resolves problems with fonts.

Finally, you should ensure that you use the same device type to create the spool or PDF in both systems.

Regards,

Aidan