SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mov type 647 not created

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

My company have IS-Oil and we're using TD shipment and in-transit functionality. At the moment we have one plant for Intransit called INTR. There is a requirement to create a new in-transit plant, let's say it is IR41.

We have created plant IR41 by copying plant INTR. However when we post loading confirmation for the bulk shipment which is using plant IR41 as intransit, we dont get any mov type 647 (the stock is not moved to plant IR41 as in-transit stock). This behaviour is different when we use plant INTR (our old in-transit plant). If we used plant INTR then we get mov type 647.

We suspect that it has something to do with our plant; but we're at lost of what do we miss in here.

Can someone shed light on this issue?

Best regards,

Yosea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yosea,

I believe you are performing stock transfers transactions?

If yes, there are few areas in SD & MM that you may want to check.

Where mvt type 647 is concerned, I reckon this would be 1-step movement, so, you might want to check with the SD consultant to see if the relevant Stock Transfer settings has been maintained in Purchasing --> STO for 1-step transfer to trigger the right Delivery Type is triggered for the movement. The Delivery Type used here are linked to the relevant Order Type (standard = DL) that would subsequently trigger the relevant movement type assigned to the Schd. Line Cat used.

And for the assignment whether is mvt type 647 to the right schedule line used for replenishment, you can derive that from SD --> Sales Doc --> Schedule Lines --> Define Schedule Lines for the replenishment schedule lines cat - standard is usually NN. (In your system, a different schd. line cat may be used)

Thereafter, you may also want to check in Intransit Stock config if the relevant configs has been maintained for the new Intransit Plant/SLoc combination and intransit posting group etc. is similar to the existing INTR plant settings for intransit posting purposes. That is available in: IS-OIL --> TD --> TD Bulk Shipment --> Intransit Stock

Hope the above helps.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yosea,

I believe you are performing stock transfers transactions?

If yes, there are few areas in SD & MM that you may want to check.

Where mvt type 647 is concerned, I reckon this would be 1-step movement, so, you might want to check with the SD consultant to see if the relevant Stock Transfer settings has been maintained in Purchasing --> STO for 1-step transfer to trigger the right Delivery Type is triggered for the movement. The Delivery Type used here are linked to the relevant Order Type (standard = DL) that would subsequently trigger the relevant movement type assigned to the Schd. Line Cat used.

And for the assignment whether is mvt type 647 to the right schedule line used for replenishment, you can derive that from SD --> Sales Doc --> Schedule Lines --> Define Schedule Lines for the replenishment schedule lines cat - standard is usually NN. (In your system, a different schd. line cat may be used)

Thereafter, you may also want to check in Intransit Stock config if the relevant configs has been maintained for the new Intransit Plant/SLoc combination and intransit posting group etc. is similar to the existing INTR plant settings for intransit posting purposes. That is available in: IS-OIL --> TD --> TD Bulk Shipment --> Intransit Stock

Hope the above helps.

Best regards.