Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA11 - Usage Decision - ask always for characterisitics open

antonio_rodriguez9
Participant
0 Kudos

hello.

I want that in usage decision qa11,qa12, always ask me when i have charact. open , altough charact don't be for short duration.

Is it posible??

Regards.

Antonio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by Tom, Activate required char's in Control data.

At UD system will pop up the req char window at the time of UD.

antonio_rodriguez9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

I don't agree with you.. It seems when i have charac. long duration the system don't show message.. if i have charact with not long duration it show me message if i didn't fill charact. before.

regards.

antonio

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct. If a characteristic is marked as a LT characteristic, it will not cause a warning message at the time of UD even if it is a required characteristic.

Many places make all characteristics as LT simply so they can make changes and corrections to the results after the UD. But this is not how and why LT characteristics were designed by SAP. This is not an SAP best pactice and characteristics should not be set up as LT characteristics unless they are truly LT tests that you don't expect to be available until after the UD. But many consultants don't do this.

But, once having done so, the only solution you have that I can see, is to utilize a user exit to make the checks you want.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If we are locking the Char's at the results recording stage, the req Char pop up will not appear in the UD stage.

Check without locking the chars at the results stage.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't make a difference if they are unlocked or not. A long term characteristic will not block or provide a warning at the UD.

FF

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

create all char. as "required."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use User exit

QEVA0010 UD: Usage decision check