cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Backup From J2EE w/ DBACOCKPIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

i've got a problem with the Backup from my J2EE Engines.

My target is to monitor and manage the Backups by my Solution Manager.

I'm running a Enterprise Portal w/ BI Java with an Oracle DB.

I imported the System to DBACOCKPIT via SLD, and monitoring of the DB is possible.

Backup is not working. I receive this error in my syslog:

10:26:44 BTC 012 002 LC 2 Error 1003 bei Ausführung des externen Kommandos "brbackup" auf (xpgid=0,convid=.)

In English:

10:26:44 BTC 012 002 LC 2 Error 1003 on executing of external command "brbackup" auf (xpgid=0,convid=.)

I noticed that there is no RFC to my J2EE Host.

Then i tried to generate a RFC to the J2EE Host, but i was not able to create a new RFC listener.

Please tell me if you need further informations.

Versions:

J2EE 7.01 patchlevel 56102

Solution Manager 7.01 patchlevel 75592

regards

Slash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I finally found a error in the dev_rfc on gateway-side:

• ERROR file opened at 20110627 133732 W. Europe Daylight Time, SAP-REL 701,0,32 RFC-VER 3 1046543 MT-SL

T:2984 Error in program 'sapxpg': <* RfcDispatch [1] : returns 1:RFC_FAILURE

running sapxpg from console works and running brconnect from console works also.

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Slash,

In general the invocation of brbackup on a remote system is done using a remote gateway, not a J2EE RFC connection. If you haven't checked out note 1025707, that note is the proper starting point. Check it out and let us know if you still have questions.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the info from Jon was very helpful. My Gateway Instance is up and running. My RFC in SM59 to the GW is working but when i now try to use DBA Cockpit i receive an error message.

RFC-Destination SAPXPG_DBDEST_HOSTNAME: Kommunikationsfehler

Exception CX_DBA_RFCDEST in class CL_DBA_RFCDEST method SYNCHRONIZE_SYSTEM_DATA line 26

Kernel Error ID:

SYSID:

SY-SUBRC: 1012

SY-TABIX: 0

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Slash,

Are there any useful logs in the work directory of the gateway instance? You might find one called dev_xpg and also check dev_rd. In case you haven't seen it yet there are some diagnosis tips in note 980266 as well.

Jon