cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test an Enterprise service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Iam very new to this Enterprise Service. I need to test an Enterprise service from my ABAP system.

What is the Pre requistics to test the Enterprise service?

What is the necessity of WS Navigator ,SOAPUI and SOA Manager?

Is SOAP UI need seperate license?

Can you refer documents that has steps to test a Enterprise service from scratch?

Iam in ECC 6 and my system donot have Java stack.

I can locate my service in SOA Manager , I couldnt figure out how to test it?

Help me..

Regards

Karthiheyan M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the webservice is already done, you will see it in soamanager transaction, there you must set the authentication and create the endpoint and service in order to generate the wsdl for seleted binding, this wsdl you must need to test via maybe SOAPUI , open a new project and give the http:.....wsdl link you receive from soamanager, remove the ? in the tags and test it, a network issue maybe result from this, check with the network crew.

If you don´t see the webservice in soamanager you need to see via se80 the package where you save the function you set as webservice in order to see if there is some webservice definition created from your FM and if it is active in order to see it in soamanager.

Edited by: Isaac Mena on Jun 18, 2011 5:20 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Select your service in SOAMANAGER and click "Display selected Binding's WSDL URL" in Details-> Overview Tab.

In SOAPUI tool create a new project and enter the URL to load wsdl definition, provide necessary authentication and you will get a request template created under your project. You can fill the request and test it from there.

Cheers,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthiheyan,

Start with this very comprehensive end-to-end guide, Enterprise SOA Development Handbook 1.1:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40db4735-02f9-2a10-b198-a888a056bb67?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

The guide above will help you understand most aspects around Enterprise SOA / Enterprise Services in SAP. The important thing to understand is that SAP Enterprise Services are shipped in an implemented state but they are not configured, so may exist in ECC 6.0 but can't be used until you configure (setup binding & authorization profiles etc.) & this is where SOAMANAGER is used - Configuration of the web service for use.

WS Navigator & SoapUI are webservice test tools. WS Navigator is shipped with any SAP Java stack & SoapUI is a free test tool. So, once you've configured your webservice for usage, use the URL (with binding) in WS Navigator or SoapUI to test your webservice.

Regards, Trevor