cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i designed reports in VC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure which is best way to design report for SAP port. Is VC ok? Can you give me some advices ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand what you mean with "SAP port".

VC is a way to access data from an SAP system via RFC, webservice, BI SAP Query or (in case it's an SAP BW system) BI connector or BI XMLA.

You can also create reports in SAP ERP as SAP Query, in BW with the Business Explorer Suite.

In addition any other report tool that can access those interfaces can also be used for that purpose

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

Thank you for answering my question.

Our team are using SAP NetViewer to design a system, now we are confused what report tool we should ues to design reports.I know BI and BW can design reports ,but it must uesed the SAP R/3,we don't have R/3.

Can you give me some advices?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi csquare,

This is a consulting question and completely depends on the requirements of your organization. First off, SAP BI does not require SAP R/3.

You have the following options for designing your reports.

1/ BI Web Application Designer - Focus towards more OLAP type of Analysis (drilldowns, ad-hoc reporting, filtering)

2/ BI Analyzer - Excel Add-In (Preference of a lot of Financial folks)

3/ Visual Composer - Business Application Modeling tool that generates iViews. Highly flexible for integrating multiple backend environments and it is a simply great user experience!

4/ Standard SAP BI Queries

I would suggest reading up a bit more on the different reporting capabilities available.

http://help.sap.com

Cheers,

Scott