cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Control settings in SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We are configuring SRM7.0 with ECC6 ( Ehp4) having Classic Scenario .

We want to make

1. Some fields mandatory for example Refernce Document in Confirmation document..etc --->> I done setting in the sRM Config at SPRO......-> Configure Control for Fields on Header Level->Metadata for Fields on Document Headers for this field and now it is howing red star in that document, but stuill w/o entering in that field, system allowing me to post this confirmation document....we had not used DOC_CHECK badi for same.. Is using of this or other Badi is necessary to give me error message if this field is not entered ?

2.1 want to hide some fields like Prefered Supplier in Shopping cart item level.....I checked in UI, its field id is PROP_SUPPLIER....but unable to find the field for same in the SPRO-.......Configure Control for Fields on Item Level->Metadata for Fields on Item Level..... Where can get exact /corrcet field name for fileds in UI ..so that I can hide them?

2.2 Also How can I hide tab Page like "Approval" in any documnet like Shopping Cart or any documnet ?

3. I want to change the Name of the Button in SRM web browser for example SAVE button in all documnet I want to make it as PARK.... and want to change the name of field ( for example Refernce Document to Delivery Note in Confirmation document..in synh with ECC..to avoid confustion of user) is it possible ? if yes , how ?

Will appricaite quick suggestion with details

Thank you in advance.

NAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Narendar,

1. In Doc check badi check whether header field

IF header-refernce field is Initial.

ls_message-msgty = 'E'.

ls_message-msgid = Zmsgid

ls_message-msgno =' 001'.

APPEND ls_message TO et_messages.

ENDIF.

2. Check in SPRO->Cofigure field control->Configure Control for Fields of Substructures

Add a new entry with

Set type : SY

Field name: PROP_SUPPLIER/PARTNER_PROD

Object type BUS221

set level : item

field disable

3.Please check this

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/HidingtabofShoppingcartinSAPSRM7.0

4. Please check this

Regards,

Neelima

Edited by: S Neelima on Jun 20, 2011 12:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks . Resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

2. Check in SPRO->Cofigure field control->Configure Control for Fields of Substructures
Add a new entry with 
Set type : SY
Field name: PROP_SUPPLIER/PARTNER_PROD
Object type BUS221
set level : item
field disable

I tried field PARTNER_PROD both, but no use . Field PROP_SUPPLIER is not exist inthsi setting.

Can anyone suggest /confirm , exactly which filed, exactly where a nd what checkbox need to set to Hid this Field ?

Apprciate your reply.

Thanks

NAP

Edited by: NarendraPatil on Jun 27, 2011 5:44 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. ....we had not used DOC_CHECK badi for same.. Is using of this or other Badi is necessary to give me error message if this field is not entered ?

Yes. You would have to implement the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI for this purpose.

2......I checked in UI, its field id is PROP_SUPPLIER....but unable to find the field for same in the SPRO-.......Configure Control for Fields on Item Level->Metadata for Fields on Item Level..... Where can get exact /corrcet field name for fileds in UI ..so that I can hide them?

UI field doesn't always correspond to the actual field name controlled by metadata framework. You can control this field under IMG branch "Configure control for fields of substructures" >> "Metadata for Fields of Substructures and Table-Like Enhancements". The field you want to control is

Set type = SY

Field name = PARTNER_PROD

2.2 Also How can I hide tab Page like "Approval" in any documnet like Shopping Cart or any documnet ?

You can enhance the Component Configuration of the corresponding webdynpro component.

3. I want to change the Name of the Button in SRM web browser for example SAVE button in all documnet I want to make it as PARK....

Enhance the corresponding webdynpro component's view layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So nice of you Jay. Its very very useful information !!! You are great . Thanks !!!!

1-> So to make field mandatory and giving Error message .....I just need to activate this BAdi or I have to write some code/logic ? ...Pls suggest ( actually we had used thsi Badi for other puposeses..).

2.2 & 3 -> If possible , can you brief in detail exactly what to do .....2.2 ) to achive this Hide of tap page and 3) Change of the Button and any Fields ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

1. You need to activate the Badi BBP_Doc_Check_BAdi. You need to write a piece of code which checks if the user fills some value in the field failure of which will result in the error message.

Regards,

Ranjan

0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I am new to SRM but during my note search, i found that the apart from maintaining the customzing settings, the BADI

BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI has to be implemented.

I dont know about the rest of them.

Regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja.Very useful info.