cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am an XI consultant and am working on an ECC - XI - MDM scenario. It's working fine from XI. I want to check the data in Ready folder of MDM.

How do I go to that folder and check?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

You can find the following folder structure in the system where MDM Server is installed.

...root/MDM_Oracle/RepositoryName/Inbound/ RemoteSystem/PortName/Ready

Where MDM_Oracle is the DBMSinstance_DBMStype

Let say you are sending a list of materials from R/3 to MDM using XI.

In that case you will be having a remote system say ECC, a PortName(LT_MATERIALS) where it has the type of the port, it will be Inbound(Since the data is coming to MDM) It also has the XML Schema to validate the incoming XML and the processing type should be automatic then only MDM Server will pick it up automatically.

So finally the directory structure will be like:

MDM_ORACLE/MATERIAL_REPOSITORY/INBOUND/ECC/LT_MATERIALS/READY/<XML>

<XML> The file which is sent by XI will be placed here.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala,

Can you suggest me some notes

Regards

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith.

You can refer the following links for more information.

[Integration |http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/MDM-XI-R-3-integration] and [SAP MDM Doc|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/mdm_index.htm]

you can also find more details on the SDN

I don't have any specific notes for this purpose.

Regards

Bala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

You can't check ready folder unless you have access to MDM Server file system, especially Ready folder.

If you have remote access to MDM system, then use the path which you have configured in the PI communication channel.

Else, ask MDM team to install a FTP server on MDM server. then using FTP login credentials you can check the ready folder.

- Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using FTP and File adapter to post on to MDM. So there is a File server installed on the MDM. MDM consultant said that he shall give me his credentials. I can check it by using the SAP Logon GUI, right? Or do I have to install something on my desktop to access it ?

Regards

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Access FTP server ready folder location by using some FTP software. You can not access it by login in to SAP GUI.

There are many free FTP software available, for example FTP SURFER. You can download and install it on your machine.

If your MDM server is running on Windows then you can also use explorer to access the FTP location (*ready folder) mentioned in the communication channel. To do so paste the full path in the explorer and provide the user id and password mentioned in the communication channel..

Revert if you face any issue.

-Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ajit,

Just out of curiosity, why are you using File Adapter to integrate MDM?

File adapter does not expects any system acknowledgment back from MDM so you will face this kind of issue. from PI everything will look but data will not be in MDM tables, it's a pain to troubleshoot this.

If you are on PI 7.0 or Higher and MDM is on 7.1. You should use MDM Adapter instead of File.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Its Business Requirement and I don't have a choice. As a matter of fact, we don't even have MDM Adapter when we try the names of adapters while creating communication channels.

Regards