Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Print two pages in smartforms

SatyaGade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to create two different pages in smartforms.In my requirement the first page contains Table data in main window and in second page only the hard coded desription should be printed containg instructions,but the second page is mandatory after first

page is completed,the first page may have n number of pages after printing those pages my second page should trigger.Help me if any one knows.

Thanks in advance............

Regards,

Satya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether your second page format and first page format are same?

If so,

1.Create first page with table in main window.

2.Inside the table place a code to check for the last entry in the internal table and provide the command to second page.

3.Give next page as first page.

4.Create a second page for your final page.

Jshree

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

once a main window size is declared , then that space will be placed in each page created.

eg. if a table with header and footer is created, first of all the space for header and footer are allocated and body page is allocated.

so we cannot dynamically change the size of the main window , even it is a copied main window.

Otherwise another option is to continue the main window into the second page.

for that first page main window -> create table -> add page break command to page 2 -> hard code description in template.

page attribute for first page --> GOTO assign same page ( for continuing the same page)

Page attribute for second page --> no need default is enough

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Try this way also.

Set the main window size as equal to the page size.

Add one template after table inside the main window of first page and add add required hard coded text in that template.

Adjust the template size as required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satya,

create one folder and keep the first page in it .make the page protection at folder level.try with it.

Regards,

Srilatha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create 2 pages.FIrst with required main window.2nd without main window.

In the main window create a table and in that issue a command -> Got to page 2.

SatyaGade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you,But in my requirement if main window has 4line items then in first page 3items having space to print and the next item is printing in separate page with remaining one item and leaving the entire page as empty then my second page is triggering,can you help me how to avoid that empty space in the next pages of main window if it is having more records.

can we attach those records in the second page using any logic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For that you must have checked page protection either at line type level , or in the table properties.

uncheck it.

SatyaGade
Explorer
0 Kudos

can you explain me clearly how can we justify by checking the protect checkbox ??In my requirement i dont want the empty space in a page after printing the items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you checked the size of your main window.

try and expand it.

SatyaGade
Explorer
0 Kudos

ya I expanded main window also,but few records can fit into that window and remaining items will print in next page after that i am getting empty space .For Example in the first page only 5 records can be fit and remaining 3records will be printed in the next page after that empty space in that page ,so I dont want that empty space between secondpage and the end of first page.