cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,PI experts

i'm stuck with a character issue. There contains special character in the my source file, the defulat encoding of the file is UTF-8,and i open the file using Notepad,it displays normal as çã ,but when i open the file using Ultraedit,it displays as çã.

Firstly,can anyone tell me what's the reason it presents differently using different editor?coz the file sender using FCC and fixlength,

Secondly,when i set the File Type is Text and File Encoding is UTF-8, the çã will display normal in PI Integration Engine,but FCC will read the çã cost 4 digits, for instance, has a string in the flat csv file,ConceiçãoSantos,i want to compose one field using Conceição,so i set the fixlength for this filed is 9,but the xml data read into that field in IE will displays as ConceiçãoSa...it means it will read 2 more digits actually, the others fields after that will be messed up when doing the fixlength.

when i set the File type is Binary,the çã will displays as çã which is not normal even mess font in PI Integration Engine.

can anyone tell me how to handle this?Is this the file issue or the Channel configuration issue, now the client says the file should not an issue, and we PI sides tried each possible aprroach as well but the issue still pending.

anyone shed light on this?

thanks in advance.

Edited by: Rajesh_V2009 on Jun 17, 2011 2:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

endcoding is difficult quetion...

SAP say all java encoding is alll useable but it is not true ... i think.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/655453b48a4ddfe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

>NameA.fieldFixedLengthType

>Specifies the form in which the entries under NameA.fieldFixedLengths are counted:

>■ char (default value)

>The number of characters is counted.

>■ byte

>The byte length of the characters is counted.

which did you use? if you use fieldFixedLength by byte, you must use byte setting.

and what is reciever system. if it is File, maybe you use bynary and no-mapping interface.

Naoki

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, but I suppose you didnt get my point:(

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it's the file issue, we asked the client to check further.

thank you all,gurus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

you problem can be resolved by using proper encoding in sender communication cahnnel .

Go to sender CC use file type text and put encoding as ISO-8859-1 It should resolve the special character issue .

Regards,

Saurabh