cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Data : Pass data from one component to another (used) component ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

Can someone give me some guidance on the following :

I am aware of how to pass Global data using the attributes section of the controllor. This can thus be shared amongst views of that component.

However, my issue is that my component uses another component.

How do i pass data from componentA ( and its viewA) to componentB ( and its viewB) where B is used in A

I thought i could use the attribute section but wasnt working so i guess that only works within one component.

At the moment i have to use export/import memory id....which doesnt look that good

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can pass data to the used componets in following ways

solution 1:

1. expose the method on Component B, which will accept the parameters which you want to pass

2. while initialising the Component B, call the exposed method of B and pass the values

Solution 2:

1. Create a context node and attributes in Component B, and set 'InputElement (ext')

2. in the source component A, set the values for the context node

BR Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

This looks like a neat solution for what i want at the moment

Solution 2:

1. Create a context node and attributes in Component B, and set 'InputElement (ext')

2. in the source component A, set the values for the context node

Do they context node of componentB have to be the 'interface' ones of componentA. Is that how they are 'matched' ?

Thanks also for the link. I will be needed that in the future.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

edmorrissey ,

close the thread once issue got resolved.

and abt interface and input element property...

if you check the interface node property , it will enable node to available in interface controller.

if you check the input element property, it will enable the property to make external binding.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnks everyone for their help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check this...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/ExampleforpassingvaluesfromoneApplicationtoanotherApplicationinWebDynproABAP.

Cheers,

Kris.