cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to restrict out of 3 @prompts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have one Webi report which has 3 @prompts for Purchase order number, Serial number and Sales order number, User is supposed to enter any one value as these prompts are on OR condition. For example, I enter Serial number and rest as '*'.

This is fine as far as i use only one prompt with a known value. But when i pull all prompts and enter any one value, report keeps running for around 8 hrs and does not product any output.

So I want to restrict only one prompt. Like if user puts value for any one prompt, other prompts gets disabled. so Query will not perform full table scan and will search for records using only one value that is entered.

At the same time I want to keep provision of '*' also.

How to apply this functionality at Report level?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not disable prompts based on the selection.You can do one thing make all as optional prompts or use the OR condition between the prompts in the query.

if query is taking more time then check the joins between the tables and how many records are in the FACT table.

Thanks,

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you say disable the prompts when user selects one of the Purchase order number, Serial number and Sales order number. what did u want? say user selects the serial number do u want to pull all records pertaining to selected serial number along with all the records related to the other fields((Purchase order number,Sales order number)) or when the user selects the serial number did u want the report to run only for the serial number selected but ignore the remaining prompts by not fetching any records for those prompts ?

if u want to run the report only for selected prompt but not fetch any records for the remaining, u shud be passing some kind of junk values as default for the remaining prompts so that they are out of picture(but since they are in OR condition u will get only records containing the selected prompt values)

Thanks,

Karthik