cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable / Hide a substep in GAF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a requirement where I need to conditionally hide or atleast disable certain substeps in the runtime in my GAF application.

I cannot create static substep variants since the conditions that drive the visibility/enablement are not static. They are driven off a table (Implying a condition which states that I show a substep today could change tomorrow to hide the same substep). However, currently I don't seem to be having any option to hide / disable a substep. The only method seems to be there in IF_FPM_GAF to enable_mainstep, but this applicable only to the mainstep and not the substep.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,

Puja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Substeps are not shown automatically, they are to be enabled at runtime .

See in page 35/36 adding/activating substep

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0d500f5-5205-2e10-43a6-dd023a5d0818?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0d500f5-5205-2e10-43a6-dd023a5d0818?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

I think the link is suggesting static substep and not dynamic approach you wished to have. If at all if it is not possible to create a substep dynamically then you could find a work around to embed a UIBB dynamiclly in a Substep.

Edited by: Baskaran Senthivel on Jun 20, 2011 10:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did activate the substeps in runtime. However, I was unable to manipulate it in runtime.

Its a great idea to have the UIBB loaded dynamically in the substep based on the scenario as you have suggested. However, I am not very sure how would I handle the navigation in the substeps, since that too is also dynamic.

Hence currently I have implemented it as such:

- I have a GAF application with 3 main steps.

- It is in the second step that I needed to have a dynamic substep roadmap option. Since I was unable achieve the dynamicity in the substep, I wanted to explore the option of having a tabbed component within the main step. I was unable to do this either. All I got in the screen was a blue line within the main step. I think it is an issue with the SP level we are on. I did not find a not for this either. Hence, my last , but non elegant approach was to embed a UIBB within the Mainstep2. The UIBB has a tabstrip UI component in it which I am loading dynamically. Hence my goal has been achieved. However I would have been happier had I been able to implement it via a dynamic substep approach.

Thanks a lot for all you answers Bhaskaran. You are extremely helpful.