cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TAO 2.0.5.0 Problem - Not Generating XML Reports for Execution Results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have SAP TAO 2.0.5.0 installed. I am not sure which setting in the Configuration/Cbase Config Option/RTL file did I mess up with but now I am not getting the ReportLog.xml file created anymore

In the test execution results which are locally being saved on the PC, i only have DebugLog.txt and LOG.XSLT files created along with a folder named "Images" for capturing the test execution screenshots

I did analyze the RTL file CBASE_Foundation_Reports.vbs and the first commented line of this file is as below:-

' TAO Reporting features can be enabled/disabled thanks to the ENABLE_HTML_LOG

' options of the CBASE.Config file.

however when i checked the CBASE.Config file, there is no Initialization variable named ENABLE_HTML_LOG. And then when I added it, the SAP TAO self checked failed given to the modified CBASE_Foundation_Reports.vbs file.

Can anyone please let me know what exactly could be wrong here?

Regards

Avijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to understand your issue but can you chek /see if settings are correct.

i) i am hoping you created a 'LOG' folder under 'SAPTAORTL folder and your connections are correct .

Configuration->RTL -> SAPTAORTL

ii) Right click on My Computer and go to Envi. variables , check your 'FF_QTP_LOG" path is correct , actually it comes default.

iii) In self check, are you getting any errros? if not, can you go to 'Configuration ->LOG and view the log and see what is the error message you are getting and can you share.Based on that we may have some idea what will be the issue.

And also, i suggest when ever you get any errors, first check your LOG then you investigate.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

1. The name of the folder under C:\SAPTAORTL is 'Logs' and not LOG. Will it make any difference?

2. Connections to SAPTAORTL are correct.

3. FF_QTP_LOG path is correct in the environment variables.

4. Self check does have an error of ST-TAO not installed on solution manage. What difference will it make to test execution and normal functioning of RTL library files?

I spent quite a lot of time investigating yesterday. The thing is that it really isnt any error. All that you mentiond to check is already checked and working fine.

There is an RTL file named CBASE_Foundation_Reports.vbs. This file has all the functions defined to create the TAO test execution report.

In this file there is a sub named SaveTAOReport, which saves the ReportLog.xml file. The issue is with this function. I am not a pro in vbscripting but I could figure out that the code line for parsing the XML DOM is not getting executed. I am putting below the whole function and making that erroneous line bold. Can you suggest from here what is wrong.

And just to remind you, this same function worked twice and did create ReportLog.xml file and after that it stopped working.

Public Sub SaveTAOReport ( )

Dim rdr, wrt, oStream

Set rdr = CreateObject("MSXML2.SAXXMLReader")

Set wrt = CreateObject("MSXML2.MXXMLWriter")

Set oStream = CreateObject("ADODB.STREAM")

oStream.Open

oStream.CharSet = "UTF-8"

wrt.indent = True

wrt.encoding = "UTF-8"

wrt.output = oStream

Set rdr.contentHandler = wrt

Set rdr.errorHandler = wrt

rdr.Parse gXMLLogDom

wrt.flush

oStream.SaveToFile gReportLog, 2

End Sub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

More findings from investigation and I think this will narrow down the problem.

When I am executing any Business Component/Scripted Component from QC, the Reportlog.xml file is not getting created.

However when I execute a single component by opening it into QTP, the Reportlog.xml file gets created.

Is this what we are seeing as a bug being discovered?

Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see my inline comments.

1. The name of the folder under C:\SAPTAORTL is 'Logs' and not LOG. Will it make any difference? Actually it's 'logs' only, my type error

4. Self check does have an error of ST-TAO not installed on solution manage. What difference will it make to test execution and normal functioning of RTL library files? Looks like your agent is not installed make sure it should be installed. ST-TAO agent needs to be installed on SAP Solution Manager 7.* version SP 2* patch so work with your Basis team to install that. And also,

please make sure you follow your compatibility matrix.

Without agent, some of your functionality will not work properly as excepted.

Sorry, am using SAP TAO SP3 version and my code and your code is diff and also I am not either QTP pro too 

Why don't you try like this, first install ST-TAO agent and do a self check again and try to execute one transaction and see.

Then if still it is not working, try to install from scratch again and then try it because most of the time you will not touch any of the code and I donu2019t know why you are facing this issue. Letu2019s try to install that agent and lemme me know.

Good luck man!!

-Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright, let me first install the ST-TAO agent and do a self check and see if it works. Will let you know.

Thanks

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I got all the support packages installed. the XML reporting issue still persists. I figured out its the issue with the XML parser. I think we need someone who is VB scripting expert, to give us some direction over here.

Its a series of below errors which I am getting for all the objects in my script.

• ERROR DETECTED *

Error: -1072896681

Description: Invalid xml declaration.

Source: msxml3.dll

• LAST CONTROL URI *

label -> btn[20]

type -> GuiButton

id -> /app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[20]

And the function, which is possibly the culprit is:-

Public Sub SaveTAOReport ( )

Dim rdr, wrt, oStream

oStream.Open

oStream.CharSet = "UTF-8"

wrt.indent = True

wrt.encoding = "UTF-8"

wrt.output = oStream

rdr.Parse gXMLLogDom

wrt.flush

End Sub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you installing first time SAP TAO 2.0.5.0? Why i am aksing is, looking like you are only one facing this issue. I know who installed SAP TAO 2.0.5 but they have not faced this problem.

Assume there is a problem with SAP TAO 2.0.5.0 so try to install SAP TAO 2.0.4 SP4 and see if u r still facing this issue?

Or else , only SAP can help you out...try to create SAP Ticket and see how it goes:-) sorry man!! Meanwhile i will also look into this.

Good luck

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure but if you observe this code it does not have "close statement". but i am thinking "oStream.SaveToFile gReportLog, 2) is close? Why don't you try adding 'oStream.Close' function before End Sub and try to reproduce this issue.

IPublic Sub SaveTAOReport ( )

Dim rdr, wrt, oStream

oStream.Open

oStream.CharSet = "UTF-8" (I am not understaing this UTF-8 four lines what exactly they are doing

wrt.indent = True

wrt.encoding = "UTF-8"

wrt.output = oStream

rdr.Parse gXMLLogDom

wrt.flush

oStream.Close (newly added code)

End Sub

Good luck

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for the suggestion. I researched this issue. The problem, I believe is with the large amount of information being parsed/read/written from/to the xml file, specifically when the test is run from QC.

The oStream close statement is imbibed in the file save command. Do you know, how to take it up with SAP TAO official support?

Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice but I am not sure due to large file, you will receive an error. I have an end 2 end processes which contains around 8 to 12 transaction codes and each transaction code contain average of 4 to 12 screens . Any way it's good that you have resolved your problem & thank you for clarifying 'Close' statement:-) .

Yes, if your company has SAP support and if you have purchased SAP TAO then just need to login into service.sap.com and click on SAP Support Portal and create a ticket for this. Before this, you need an OSS ID go login into SAP Support portal. So contact your Basis team to get one ID and try to create a ticket. I had some problems with TAO so I created a ticket for this and they have resolved it:-)

-Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

the issue got resolved after communicating with SAP Support. The issue was resolved by doing two things. Firstly, removing the file CBASE_INIT.vbs.txt from the application area SAPDOC and disabling the firewall or configuring the firewall to allow accessing <Current User>\App Data\Temp location.

Now the execution report is getting successfully generated in xml format. You can reach me if you face similar issue and need resolution