cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero value shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using srm 5.0 extended classic scenario.

For some vendors i need to create sc with out any approval process hence i maintained zero value for those materials.

If SC created with those material PO created but in held status.

Hence created a report to unchecked invoice expected indicator.

Also using crm_jest_update i have updated the status and transfered to back end.

I able to do GR but one thing is output is not triggered to vendor.

Please give me a solution how to trigger output to vendor. Or is another version creation is useful for my need.

How to create new version for PO?If i create new version how can i update status? or will status get updated automatically if new version created.

Please give your valuable input.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to maintain output messages for PO output to Vendor, depends on via Email, Fax etc.

Regarding the PO versions, activate the Version control for Purchasing documents in IMG. This will create new version of PO when it is changed.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

We already activated version control for POs. But version not generated if we remove invoice expected indicator using report.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiva

0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

PO is only automaticaly ordered if it is complete. Usually, SC is missing source of supply, and when you fill this information in PO it can be ordered.

But as you say that you already have a vendor, that is not the case. Some other information is missing, you should CHECK the PO to know what is happening

My suggestion:

If you need to create shopping carts for specific vendors without approval process, you have to review the how you are maintaining your workflow conditions! Create a "Automatic Approval" workflow and maintain those vendors as conditions.

This will keep the documents for those vendors going through approval fprocess, as you desire, and you won't have to create "zero value" shopping carts.

Regards

Thiago Salvador

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago Salvador,

Regarding creating auto approval workflow we have some issues because that vendor have many items which should go throgh approval process. Our case is we are taking an item with zero value hence sc with out approval workflow triggered PO created for that with "held" status.If we check that po it is giving error message invoice expected indicator is checked.Hence we removing it and change the status of po and tranfer it to backend programatically.But issue is it is not triggering output to vendor.Please suggest how to trigger output to vendor.

Thanks and regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hence we removing it and change the status of po and tranfer it to backend programatically.But issue is it is not triggering output to vendor.

By standard, the PO output is triggered while its status is changed to "ordered" (at the same time via an asynchronous process). If you want to use custom program to change the status, you would have to take care of the PO output in your program as well. My recommendation would be to order the PO with normal process, i.e. UI, after clearing up all errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your input.But is it possible to trigger output to vendor programatically.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It is possible. Take a look at the mechanism used by standard:

Class: CL_PD_PO_PROCESSING_BBP

Method: PROCESS_BBP_PO_MAI

You would need to program something similar.