cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output text as subject in External Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure email output for shipment order.

I have configured using nace, a new output type with medium 5, a zprogram and a smart form to generate and trigger the output. I was able to see the pdf in SOST transaction till I tried the following

I took refernace of earlier mails and tried to add mail text and subject in the following way

Went to config of my output type via V/30

In the output detail, general data tab when I enter

Program: sapmoigs

Form routine: TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE

I get the following warning message

FORM routine TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE could not be found in program SAPMOIGS

In the mail titles and text added : &OIK01-USERFLD3& in Document title

Now the pdf file in SOST does not open. throws error An error occurred while opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired

Can some one please suggest what can be done here ASAP.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you wrote "Now the pdf file in SOST does not open" I assumed that you were able to create an output with PDF successfully before. If this is correct, then roll back all your changes to get back to the state where you were before.

I've never worked with the shipment output, so I don't know the details. But I see that the program calls FM MESSAGING and it does have a text replacement routine in the same function group. So perhaps you could use that.

Check with an ABAPer, they should be able to debug further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Jelena.

Its true that this sub routine is not in the program SAPMOIGS. I checked SAP programs SAPMV60A and sapmv45a where TEXT_SYMBOL_RELACE is being called. Any idea if we can find such functionality exists in some incllude of SAPMOIGS, to have the mail subject or mail body to be configured.

Now I have removed &OIK01-USERFLD3& from the mail title and texts, buty stil the pdf does not open.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm guessing that the file doesn't open because instead of a legitimate PDF file name you now have &OIK01-USERFLD3& in it (does the file show up with the Adobe icon?).

The message you are getting is saying that you have entered the subroutine TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE that does not exist in program SAPMOIGS. If you go to SE38, enter SAPMOIGS and display Object List (there is a button on the toolbar), you'll see that on the left under 'Subroutines' there is no TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE. Either you need to use another program or create a custom program or maybe this funcationality just not available for shipments.

Such routine, for example, exists in SAPMV60A if you want to see what it looks like.