cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser visualization problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Currently I'm experimenting with display templates and I came up following issue. After creating and customizing an iChart in Workbench it is not properly displayed in browser. Let say I make some changes (for example background colour) and than press Test button, And I don't see that changes in browser window. More strange that I sometimes can press test button several times and get several browser windows with several different iCharts without changing a single thing between that. I'm using IE9, but I tried to set Chrome as default browser and the problem persists. I also tried to clear browser cache with no result too. What can be the issue here?

The xMII version is 12.0.12

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for responses. I tried clearing java cache, refreshing browser window and so on and it didn't help. I continued experementation and found out some issues. It seems that the problem is on the server side. I tried to send a link to the test page to my colleague and he also don't see any changes in his browser. But if i wait about 3-5 minutes after making changes, than they reflect properly both on my client and on colleague's. So it seems like there's some type of cache on server side, which automatically clears every 5 minutes or so. What do u think?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue here is that the applets are stored in java cache not browser cache.I use two methods to tackle this issue:

1. Clearing java cache(goto java console and clear from there)

2. Overwrite diaplay template every-time by using save as.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Musarrat

Edited by: Musarrat Husain on Jun 17, 2011 11:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I n Addition to Musarrat's point 1.

in console clear classloader cache as well.

use x in java console to clear the classloader.

Thanks

Anshul

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Piotr,

It's always better to clear java cache after every change you make to any applet before testing them.

I have been using IE9 for a while and luckily so far not met with any strange issues but I am sure there are not many who are using IE9.

Did you try this, when you hit test button and run the page if you don't see the changes you made then don't close the browser, instead simply clear java cache from java console and refresh the page using browser refresh button and see if this works.

Also try it on old IE versions so that way you can make sure it is something to do with IE.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

0 Kudos

Hi Piotr,

Are you saving the changes before executing your test? Changes to the templates prior to saving do not necessarily propagate to the actual execution.

Regards,

Mike