cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization level question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody throw some light on to this.

1.Let us say I have provided a user with authorization level " 0/1". Can he delete 1.One line item 2.Entire shopping cart during the aproval process. With the deletion of one line item is the system is going to move forward with the current workflow. We might use Dynamic N-Step workflow.

2.Also we wanted to provide role based authorization levels( Employee-0, Manager-4), and here comes one more problem. If manager himself is creating the shopping cart, we want the system to treat manager as with authorizationlevel-0 for that shopping cart. He cannot change the shopping cart that he has created. What wuld be the better check for this.

3.Ideal process "User should able to delete line items/entire shoping cart during the approval, but should not change the quantity/price/acc-assignments". Is this a standard process,if not how can we achieve this

Thank you,

Manyam

Message was edited by: manyam gt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manyam,

User can delete items before and after SC is approved (but before confirmation...).

This is standard behaviour.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Disha, and Yann.

Here I got three more doubt after looking at both posts:

1.Let us say I have created SC with single line item, deleting such a line item after the aproval is as good as deleting the shoping cart. What is the system behavior in this regard (if the line item to be deleted is last line item in the shopping cart).

2. Is the authorization level will only effective during the approval and not after the approval?.

3. If a PO is already sent to Vendor( Goods are shipped) and and now the user deletes the line items( Before confirmation). What would be the business process in this regard.

Thank you,

Manyam

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manyam,

Here are the steps:

1- create SC with 2 line items

2- PO is created and sent to supplier

3- user decide to delete line item 1

4- PO line item is automatically updated

5- Po is sent again to supplier and indicates which line item was deleted (Po output customizing have to be done before and of course Goods were not sent already and confirmation is not done)

Kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by: Yann Bouillut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Yann for your detailed explanation. Can you please throw some light into the 1,2 questions that I posted earlier.

Thank you,

Manyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Once the SC is "approved",it cannot be deleted.

2.We had a similar requirement and tried to implement a BADI to set the authorisation levels but that didnt work.So we finally removed the "CHANGE" button from the SC screen.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.